Slowly but surely

Another week has passed and Cooper is now 15 days old! That is NOT what is going slowly! It is going TOO FAST!!!!  We are loving every minute with him, and I don't think there was ever a more calm, chill, easy going baby born to this planet.  WE ADORE HIM!
  What is slow and sure is that we are getting closer to "normal around here! Yesterday Coop had his 2 week apt.  He was one ounce from being back to birth weight and that is great.  He's still struggling to poo so we got the go ahead to give him a little prune juice everyday.  I gave him an ounce this morning, and sure enough, 2 hours later he had a blow out- HURRAY! (yes, I am excited about a blow out!!!)
    I also had my first drs. apt. where everything looked good and I got the green light to drive as soon as I feel up to it.  I'm still pretty tired and sore, but I think I will venture out soon!  It was so fun to be in my drs office with Cooper, because all of the ladies from the front desk, scheduling, the nurses, and the ultrasound tech all came to see him and oooh and aaahhh over him.  I loved it!  And I really really like the ladies at my drs office!
    Then we had to take Cooper for his blood test, and by the time we were done with all 3 of those things, and had been gone from the house for over 4 hours, we were both exhausted and ready to BE HOME!  We got home, had a quick lunch and both of us konked out for 2 hours before Jaxon got home!
  Last night after dinne we all went on a "Family walk"  It was wonderful. I pushed Coop in the stroller, and Dave helped Jax on his bike.  Towards the end Jaxon got frustrated and ran into the house yelling that he was never going on a family walk again, but really all-in-all, I would call it a success!  It is nice to be able to do things with Jaxon again.  He is so much less defiant when he can tell I am completely focused on him. That will be a good thing to continue to keep in mind.
  Dave is working later and later as it is his busy season, but is not super late yet.  I am grateful though to be here at mom and dads, because everyone is tired at the end of the day, and without some other adults here to help and with Dave working, I can tell I would have a lot less patience and energy on my own!
  This morning Coop and I ventured out together for the first time alone! We went on the world's slowest walk.  We made it around the whole neighborhood once in exactly a half hour! I was pretty sore, but it felt good to be out in the sunshine (if not the heat....) enjoying my boy and the scenery! We are going to make that a daily routine!
  That's it for now, and we are good, GREAT!!!!

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

I have seen that pintrosity page...just what I was thinking when our magical rainbow drink turned black. :) And, nope, smaller cake must make the m&ms look bigger? But it is two cake mixes, so it's not that small. :)

It's always better when they poop.

Way to get out! That is SO key. Nice that you have nice weather coming your way.