3 weeks and 1 day

Wow! Time is flying!  Yesterday Cooper was 3 weeks old, and he continues to be as sweet, and easy, and constipated as ever! 
  I started re-reading BabyWise and realize that I need to stop rocking him to sleep before every nap, but it is sure hard when I adore him so darn much, and don't want to miss a single moment.  It's also hard when we live with G & G, who both love to get there hands on him, and consider it 100% success to get him to fall asleep in their arms or snuggled against their chest.... HOW CAN I PROTEST????
    I am also gearing myself up to start putting him down for a few naps in his actual "bedroom" (ie- in his crib in my parents food storage room) before he gets used to NOT being in there...but he's such a good baby and never cries, that I'm afraid I won't hear him when he wakes up and starts grunting and mewling.  Seriously, that's how chill he is.  I'm thinking at least for a few months I can actually put his monitor in his crib, because it's cordless, and he can't grab it anyway.  I haven't gotten up the desire to put him in there yet, but it is my goal this week!  We also need to start putting him to bed in there before he starts ro realize that he and Dave and I are all roommates, and gets too cozy with the idea!
  Jaxon still loves Cooper to death, and still acts out occasionally like a normal 6 year old that has a new sibling would. I have found that if I can spend just 20-30 minutes with just him, it doesn't even matter if we are playing or cleaning etc, he is SO MUCH BETTER! Also, as much as I have adored living here at my parents house, I WILL NOT MISS having cable.  Jaxon has been watching altogether too much TV for my taste, but there is not so much I can do about it right now.  When we move to our new house (assuming all goes through as planned) it should be mid November or beginning of December.  Perfect weather to play at the park across the street, or jump on the tramp in the back yard, or ride bikes/scooters with cousins that live two streets down! I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO HAVE THOSE OPTIONS!!!
  This post was not particularly informative, and I'm sure I have more to write, but Coop is grunting, and that's my que!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Don't be too worried about doing things the perfect way. We kept Chloe in a bassinet in our room for about 12 weeks and she had no problem once we switched her to her crib in her room. If it is interrupting your sleep then by all means do it, but don't worry about him getting too used to it. Each baby I tell myself that I am going to do better about not nursing and rocking them to sleep all the time, and it might make things easier down the road, but for me these days are too short and if I want to rock my baby then dangit I'm going to rock my baby. A year or two of my life dealing with lots of snuggling is no time at all in the long run :) Kee p doing what you're doing and enjoy those darling boys!

AnnaMarie said...

Oh, Babywise, Babyshmise. (TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS BABY SLEEPING THING!) Just kidding, it's actually going pretty well, I think. Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Kids is a little different, though. I was re-reading through it to motivate/reassure myself that my 6-month-olds don't need to eat at night and I can safely ignore them...and in the book it says they can still eat at midnight and four! WHAT! Until 9 months, and then they should be done and sleeping all night. Anyhow. Last night was awesome, though. Jack slept 7-4, ate, then slept until 8. Aiden slept 7-6, and then was up after he ate. Either one, I'll take it.

Anyhow, good luck with whatever you decide, but make sure you all get your snuggles in. They don't stay small long. Even now it's rare that I get to snuggle, just snuggle my babies. (Without them hungrily attached to me, which just isn't as relaxing, haha.) You've waited to long to have little Coop to snuggle.

You'll be a few blocks from Emily? That's awesome!