All About The Coopster

I thought I would write down my thoughts about Cooper right now. He changes so much everyday, and I don't want to forget the little things. I also have a million more cruddy pictures from my phone to upload, because I still haven't gotten out either other camera...and I don't even feel sort of bad about it!
1. I love Coopers feet, they are adorable. They are super long, and so are his toes, and when he has gas he spreads all his toes out wide in a way that Dave can, and I cannot.
2.  Coop doesn't cry. He grunts, mewls, and occasionally lets out a single squawk, then he looks extremely surprised as if to say, "Where the heck did that come from??"
3.  He LOVES HIS MAMA!  I am sad to say that I'm sure that Jaxon spent twice as much time with Dave than with me in the first 6 months of his life. Dave was a student with only a couple classes, and I was a mama with severe depression recovering from a c-section. Thank Heavens for Dave.  But this time, Coop knows and loves his mama. He will stop wiggling for me, take a bottle from me, and sleep in my arms better than anyone, and I ADORE IT!!!!
4.  Cooper has the funniest expressions.  When he is tired and trying to fight it he gets the most hilarious shifty eyes...that's Dave's favorite.
5.  Dave's time with Coop is precious to Dave, and it is beautiful to me. Dave is working hard, and it's busy season. It's nothing like with Jaxon when they spent all waking hours of the day together. It's life, and Dave doesn't say much about it, but I know it makes him sad.  So when he can, he loves to take Coop in his arms and just chat and snuggle.
6.  While I get ready in the morning Cooper lays on his blanket and just flails about. Occasionally he accidentally gets ahold of his hair on the back of his head, and then I have to help him let it go- because it hurts!
7. Cooper really struggles with gas. It is so so so sad.  We thought it was constipation, but are pretty sure it's just painful gas. We are doing everything we can to help eliminate it, but it is so sad to see him struggle and whimper!
8. Cooper loves his brother, and keeps a close eye on him when he is within distance.  I think that he will find Jaxon absolutely hysterical, and I can't wait to see how they interact. Right now Jaxon loves to lay next to Coop on the ground (Holding a wiggly baby is usually too much work!)  He gets right in Coop's face and talks in a voice about 6 octaves higher than normal. He ALWAYS starts out with, "Hi Cooper! I'm your BIG BROTHER, and I LOVE YOU!"  It absolutely melts my heart!
9. Grandpa and Jaxon still think that if Cooper is even BREATHING LOUDLY, it means he is awake and wants to be picked up. Jaxon knows he is not allowed to pick Cooper up, but he will start rubbing his head or belly and yelling to one of us to come get him...despite the fact that Cooper's eyes are still tightly closed. Same thing with Grandpa, if Coop let's out a squeak and I don't immediately go investigate, Grandpa WILL! And the verdict is always the same- Cooper was "awake" and wanted Grandpa to pick him up! 
 That reminds me of a funny/tender/sad story about grampa and Coop.  (Back story, Grandpa NEVER had enough to eat growing up, ever. It haunts him to this day, and he goes OUT OF HIS WAY to make sure everyone around him is ALWAYS well fed!)  So Dave was making Coop a bottle because Coop was grunting and mewling and ready to eat.  We always change him first, then feed him, so Dave was walking over with the bottle and grandpa said, "Is he hungry?" I said, "Yes, but we always change him, then feed him!"  Grandpa snatched the bottle so fast out of Dave's hands you wouldn't believe it, went and picked up Cooper and said, "Not on my watch! He eats first!"  It was shocking, and darling, and also very tender. 
10. Grandpa considers himself the #1 expert on bicycling Cooper's legs to help expel gas, and also loves to move Cooper's chin up and down to make it look like he's talking.... ONLY GRANDPA!!!
11. Cooper can always fall asleep on Grammies chest....but this is nothing new! Grammie has the magic touch with all her grand babies.
12.  Cooper loves the water, just like Jaxon did.  He loved his first few sponge baths, and really REALLY loved the shower that he took on Sunday morning with Jaxon and daddy.  It was pretty cramped in there, but Coop just snuggled on dad's chest and loved the water. Jaxon got to use the special duck-sponge and wash Cooper, and everyone was happy- except mom who was left out!  So yesterday Coop and I took our first bath together (Much more manageable with a slippery little baby!) and again, he loved it!
12. When I'm feeding Cooper a bottle, he looks me straight in the eyes the whole time. I can talk, sing, or just gaze back, but he only has eyes for his mama! HURRAY!!!
Now, for a barrage of pictures!


First- you never met a more adoring brother than Jaxon- I guarantee it!




 



Next- Cooper LOVES to snooze, anytime! Anywhere...although I have to say...Mama's arms are his favorite!


This is how Cooper sleeps at night- We borrowed Ryan and Emily's nap nanny, because sleeping flat makes Cooper's gassy issues worse, and he grunts and squeaks all night!








Cooper has met a lot of his sweet cousins!





He loves the water just like Jaxon did-


And is most wide awake and calm right after a bath/shower
 
 
He adores Grammie and Grandpa- and clearly the feeling is mutual!

 


And last but not least- COOPER LOVES HIS MAMA, AND I COULDN'T LOVE HIM MORE!!!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Awesome! Awesome pictures and write-up! I love that Dad insisted on feeding Cooper before changing him. What a little sweetie pie! I wish we could get a picture of Coop in between his two big cousins. Aiden would be rolling over to get him, and Jack would just be smiling at whoever was taking the picture.

ThePalmers said...

He is just such a cutie! And the picture of him right after his bath looks just like his Mama's baby pictures!!! I love it!