Never a Dull Moment

Thought I'd get one more post about the goings- on around here before C-day in 4 days!  Last Wednesday night Jaxon woke up and was out of bed 4 times!  Each time he was completely incoherent, so it was hard to decifer exactly what the problem was.  The very last time he finally spoke and said, "His cheek hurt" so Dave gave him some Tylenol and a q-tip with listerine and he slept the last final hours before school.  When he got up for the morning he didn't even remember that he had been up or that his cheek had hurt, so we figured it was just nightmares/worries waking him up and moved past it.  Thursday on the way to school he started crying and said his tooth hurt, so I figured that was actually the source of the problem, an I called to make him a dentist apt.  The only apt. they had before the weekend was Friday morning at 9:30 which is completely awful time. Not really enough time to take him to school in the morning and have him have any appreciable amount of time, but late enough that after waiting at the dentist he might not make it back even before lunch! AHHHHH!!!
  Thursday after school he didn't complain at all, and thursday night, not wanting a night like before we gave him some motrin just in case. Since he didnt' wake up all night or complain, I rescheduled his dentist apt. for the following week so he wouldn't have to miss school.  Friday no problems but Friday night we didn't give him any meds to go to bed and he was up 3 times crying about his tooth. At this point it was Saturday morning and our dentist was closed for the weekend (and I was kicking myself for not keeping his Friday apt) so we just kept him on a Ibuprofin/Tylenol loop and just hoped for the best until he could get to his apt on Monday.  Saturday night he was up basically all night hysterical about his hurt tooth, and even the meds weren't helping.  Sunday morning we were exhausted and desperate, so after a long and frustrating Google search, I found a dentist in Scottsdale that would come in for emergencies.  I called and he came in for us.  Turns out Jaxon needed a root canal and had a pretty bad infection in one of his teeth, so one root canal, a round of Antibiotics, and $565 dollars later, we had a happy boy back on our hands. Jax is always a little loopy after laughing gas, so we decided he and I would stay home from Church and watch some Veggie tales.
  In the meantime of all this, I was feeling pretty crummy.  Cramps, backache, and just overall weird and more uncomfortable than usual.  Although I didn't feel well, I was hoping it meant that maybe Cooper had decided to join us a little early.
   No such luck! Monday I had my last Drs apt. before C-day and this time I was dilated "Barely to a 1" So Mr. Cooper is Just like baby Jaxon- determined to stay as long as possible INSIDE the womb.  We got things all squared away for my c-section, and that was that.
  Tuesday I worked for quite a while at Jaxon's school just helping out and trying to stay busy and then had dinner with my dear friend Laura.  About 3 in the afternoon I started sneezing and got really stuffed up and could NOT figure out what in the heck I could be allergic to so suddenly!
  Tuesday night I maybe slept 2 hours I felt so awful. Sneezy, stuffy, headache, earaches, couch, sore throat- you name it!  Wednesday morning I don't think I remember ever feeling so awful in my recent history. I stayed in bed until it was time to take J to school, and as soon as he was dropped up came straight home to bed.  At noon I dragged myself upstairs to the couch were I laid until Jaxon got home around 3:15 (bless Dave's heart, he left work and picked J up so I wouldn't have to go out again!) K sluggishing, crankily, and very sickly helped J with his homework, and then G & G, being the lifesavers that they are, took him to see his cousins and have dinner out.  What a blessing. I slept the whole time they were gone.  Dave got home soon after G, G, and J, and took over from there.  I still laid on the couch teh rest of the evening and finally went to bed early around 9:30. Armed with my cough drops, extra strength tylenol, and ear drops, I slept like a baby through the night, and though I don't feel back to 100%, I feel SO MUCH BETTER than yesterday. I'm still congested, stuffy, and coughing, but am up and around!
 Amber came over this morning with Brennen and Baby Koda and I got lots of snuggle time with the babe! He is so tiny, and cute, and good, and THAT HEAD OF BLACK HAIR!!!! AHHHHH BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!  Makes me so anxious to hold my baby boy.  I'm having a hard time imagining what he will even look like, because between mine and Dave's gene's, the possibilities are pretty much endless!  I would love to look back at Jaxon's brand new baby pictures, but they are all packed! I do remember that he was born with a pretty full head of black hair and olive skin, so we thought he would look just like me.  He quickly lost all the black hair and grew in blond, lost all of his olive color, and his eyes definately were blue, and we thought he would look just like Dave!  Then he lost all of his blond hair and grew in brown, his skin got a little more color, and his eyes turned green! Now he is a good mix of both of us!

No comments: