Dear Cooper part 2

Hey Buddy,
  Guess what?  It is 10 days till your scheduled c-section, and this is what my feet look like-


That's right little buddy, no ankles left on mom.  My feet look like sausages and I can barely bend my toes.  Not that you aren't worth it, I'm just saying, this is a labor of love!!
  During the latter half of my pregnancy, I was off the zofran pump and the home IV.  I am still pretty nauseated all the time, and throw up at least 3-4 times a day.  The nice part is that during the second half of the pregnancy, once I threw up, I usually felt a little better for the next few hours, until I had to eat again.
  After about week 18 I gave up teaching at the gym. I taught through week 9, then was IV'd and zofran pumped and just couldn't do it without throwing up behind stage between songs.  I came back at about 15 weeks when I was off both of those things, and was able to teach most of a class without throwing up back stage (usually just once...) but would feel so absolutely terrible that I would have to be in bed all day terrible sick, dehydrated, headache, etc.  I realized that I would just have to take a break from teaching (Something that I really loved dearly) and it was making me pretty sad. I told Daddy that I was really bummed because I had "Really wanted to be one of those ladies who teaches right up into she is about to deliver." Dad got a funny look on his face and said, "No you haven't. You've always wanted to have another baby and give Jaxon a sibling, so let's just be grateful for that!"  You know what? HE WAS TOTALLY RIGHT!!! The decision was easy and I gave up my class and the classes I was teaming.  It was a pretty easy move, and while I have missed it, I have never regretted it or second guessed my choice! 
   As you have gotten bigger...probably from about 22 weeks on, you have been my little karate gymnist! I'm not sure what that means exactly, because Jaxon did NOT move very much in the womb, and his moves were pretty gentle, but once out of my belly he has been on the move DOUBLE TIME ever since!  You Cooper, you move 24-7!  And I mean in!  You often wake up me at night, and cause me to yelp right out loud, even in public! You flip and pump and turn and push, often several times in succession, as if you are trying to bust your way out of there! Daddy jokes that you don't quite understand where the exit is, because even now with less than two weeks to go, you are always kicking me so hard in the top part of my belly, and don't seem to see any reason to start moving down!  
  Another funny thing is in all of your ultrasounds, you have been opening your mouth and sticking out your tongue a lot!  Dad says maybe you are going to take after mom and have my "gift of gab."  During one your 3D ultrasound Jaxon was with us, and he was trying to get you to turn over so we could get a good picture of your face.  He was talking to my belly, and you turned over and gave the biggest smile ever! Jaxon can't really understand the 3D pictures and couldn't tell that you were smiling (In fact, after looking at your ultrasound pictures, Jaxon decided that you looked like a "Tiny Warthog") but it absolutely put me over the moon that you smiled at your brother. You two together....I can hardly wait for it!!!
  I am so ready for you to get here.  Not just because this pregnancy has seemed to be the longest in history, but because we are so excited to meet you and have you join our family. Like I said, probably no one is more excited than your brother, and he already has some gifts for you that he has picked out himself.  He is going to be one of the Avengers for Halloween, (Hawkeye) and decided it was only fitting that you be an Avenger as well.  You will only be 2 months old, so I told Jaxon I didn't really think that woudl work out, but we got online and found the most darling newborn Captain America costume. Jaxon is SO MUCH MORE excited about your costume than his, and has also decided that mom and and dad will be Avengers too.  Dad is going to be...well...I can't remember his name, but he is the boss of all the Avengers, and Mom is going to be (We will see on this one...) Black Widow. 
  That's it for now, but as time grows closer, I will probably write some more.
LOVE YOU SWEET SON!

2 comments:

Kel and Deke said...

Hi Ashley,
I can't believe it is so close, that is so exciting!! I can't wait to see the first pictures of little Cooper. I wanted to see if I could get your address to send you a baby shower invite. Laena is throwing me a shower towards the end of September and I would love to have you come and bring Mr. Cooper so we can all meet him. My email is dekeandmekell@hotmail.com if you could email your address to me would be great. Thanks :) MeKell

ThePalmers said...

So sweet Sis!