Dear Cooper part 1

Well hello there little buddy!! I thought now would be a good time to document your growth/progress up to this point, before you make your debut in 2 weeks and 6 days.  I'm feeling a little bad because at this point in Jaxon's pregnancy, I had already made a full scrapbook with pictures documenting your/my growth every month, had a different journal/scrapbook made documenting our lives as we prepared for J's arrival, and a bedroom completely decked out in two tone blue paint, matching baby furniture, and darling bedding with frogs!  You will not have any scrapbooks waiting, and your bedroom for now is going to be a crib in Grandma and Grandpa Ferrell's food storage room!
  Don't think it's because we aren't excited.  The only other thing we have ever looked forward to this much was Jaxon's birth.... but as indescribable as mine and dad's excitement and pure joy over your impending arrival is....multiply that by about 1000, then multiply it by 1000 more, and you might start to come close to how excited your big brother is!!!
 Jaxon has been praying for you to come to our family for 4 years now! He has waited a very long time to have a brother, and he is nearly bursting everyday that brings us closer to you joining us! Yesterday I told him that you will be coming on a day that he does not have school, so he will get to come meet you shortly after you are born, and he jumped and squealed for 5 minutes straight- PURE JOY from your big brother!
   He rubs my belly all the time and tells you he loves you, he can't wait to meet you, he will take care of and protect you, that he can't wait to play with you, and to be good and keep growing!  He asks at least 20 different questions a day about the things that he will be allowed to do with/for you. Like "Can I hold Cooper whenever I want?" "When he cries can I help him?"  Can I feed him a bottle?"  "Will Cooper love me right from the start?"  "Will I be his favorite?" "Will you wake me up at night when he cries?"  "Can he sleep in my room so I can help him at night when he cries?"  "Can he sleep in my bed?" "Can I sleep in his crib?"  You get the picture, you have one amazing big brother who is ready to literally smother you with LOVE!!!
  I was very sick at the beginning of your pregnancy, even sicker than with Jaxon. I was on a home IV and a zofran pump in my belly, all while trying to keep you a secret for a few more weeks and fulfill my responsibilities as Relief Society president....it was no small feat buddy!  We quickly decided it would be better just to let everyone know that you were coming, even if it was a little early to tell.  We were too excited, and I was too sick to keep you a secret any longer.
  Before we started telling everyone else, we told Jaxon.  We sat him on the couch and the conversation went like this-
"Jaxon, we have a really big surprise for you!"
"Are we going to Disneyland???"
"Nope, even better! MOM has a big surprise for you..."
"WHAT?
ARE WE HAVING A BABY?
DO YOU HAVE A BABY IN YOUR BELLY?
IS THERE A BABY IN THERE?"
"Yes! You are going to be a big brother!!!!"

I have never seen Jaxon so excited and full of pure joy as the day we told him that you would be joining our family. And from that day, he has been planning for your arrival with all the gusto a 6 year old can gather!
  We then let Jaxon call Grandma and Grandpa Ferrell on Skype to tell them the great news!  We had just been to visit them only a few weeks earlier in China, and we didn't even know we were already pregnant with you!  I was not sick yet while we were in China, thank goodness! So G & G had no idea!  We called them and Jaxon said, "Guess what? I'm going to be a big brother!"
Grandma said, "What? It sounded like you said you were going to be a big brother?"
Jaxon said, "I AM! MY MOM HAS A BABY IN HER BELLY!!!"
G & G both looked at Daddy and I on Skype with slightly amused faces as if to say, "okay, what is really going on here?"
We told them it was true, that we were expecting you sometime in August or September and that they would be HOME FROM CHINA TO BE THERE!!!!  Talk about emotional! Both G & G were so excited that they started to cry! That confused Jaxon a little so he explained again that WE WERE GOING TO HAVE A BABY! AND THAT IS A GOOD THING!!!!

No comments: