Jaxon and the babysitter. And more Kinder drop-off...

I will start with- Babysitters love babysitting for us. (So they say anyway...) We only have one child, who doesn't need a diaper changed, who is happy to play wii or watch a video with his babysitter the whole night. He pretty much puts himself to bed. He doesn't cry or whine, and he LOVES BEING BABYSAT!  I feel like a cheapskate paying the actual price for just  one child, and even less after he is asleepwhile they get to chill at our house and watch a video, so I pay too much.  Other moms go ahead and send the hatemail, it's okay, I deserve it.
  Anyway, Jaxon LOVES LOVES LOVES all of our babysitters. As in, is IN LOVE with them!  Every time we have a new one, he falls in love with her.  Some more than others, but there is always love there.  We just had a new babysitter last week, and Jaxon is SO SMITTEN.
 Here is the conversation she relayed to me when we got home.

Jaxon: (With a sly smile) "...you're a girl..."

S: "yes!"

Jaxon: "That's GOOD!"
S: "Thanks!"

Jaxon: "I really like you! What's your name again?" (that one is particularly funny to me!)

S: (says her name...)

Jaxon: "Well S___ , I really like you. You should come hang out with me again sometime!"

HAHAHAHA! As if she wasn't there as his babysitter, just a cute 12 year old girl chilling with a kindergartener!

The next morning Dave and I asked him if he like the new babysitter and he said,

"YES! Can she come again? Like, TONIGHT?"

"No buddy, tonight is Sunday. And we have a family party...with cousins!"

"Well, why don't you and Dad go without me and I'll just stay here with S___"

On to Kindergarten drop off. Jaxon is STILL insistent that I walk him to his classroom, watch him play on the kindergarten playground, and then watch him as he walks up the ramp into his classroom when his teacher opens the door after the bell rings. 
I.
Love.
This.
There have been a few days where I have to leave him early so that I can go teach a class at the gym, and he does NOT like that.  Even on those days, he will not let me drop him off in the drop off line. I have to get out, and walk him over. 
The part that is still tugging at my tender heart strings is that when I am walking away, he yells, "BYE MOM! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOU MOM!"  And then I have to yell it back...until I am out of sight or until he is all the way into the classroom.  This morning when I had to drop him off at the playground to make it to a class at the gym, he followed me back out to where I was walking away and started shouting "I LOVE YOU MOM! YOUR THE BEST! I LOVE YOU A GOOGLE MOM!"  Seriously, it makes me grin from ear-to-ear.  It also makes me wonder how a little boy who doesn't care who hears him yelling I LOVE YOU to his mom at the top of his lungs can possibly be ready for kindergarten.

On another note- his brain is fine, and there have been no more incidents of anyone standing on it.  :o)

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

so, so cute. You do a good job with that one.