"MOM!!! HE WAS STANDING ON MY BRAIN!!!"

 Today Jaxon got an S (Satisfactory) instead of an O (Outstanding) on his behavior Chart. When I asked him why, this is the first thing out of his mouth---

 "WELL...MOM!!! HE WAS STANDING ON MY BRAIN!!!!" Obviously I thought this was kind of funny, but I did my best not to smile as I tried to get the rest of the story out of him.  We were sitting on the benches where I walked to pick him up, and while he was struggling to remember the order of events that things happened, his teacher walked over and say by us....between She and Jaxon, this is the story-

There is a naughty little guy in Jaxon's class that wouldn't leave him alone today. In Library he pushed Jaxon down and then stood on him- one foot on his chest, one foot on his head!! Jaxon pushed/punched him to get him off. The naughty boy got sent to the principal, and Jaxon got an "S" for hitting.

Right before leaving school when Jaxon's teacher wrote the S on his chart, Jaxon raised his hand and said, "Ummm...I think I know what happened... When he was standing on my BRAIN, he was standing on the part that reminds me not to hit...so it made me forget!"

SERIOUSLY! When his teacher told me that, she had to put the folder up between she and Jaxon and whisper it to me so he wouldn't hear, and wouldn't see her laugh.  She told me she thought it was so hilarious and clever,  that she wished she could have just given him the O. 
 
We talked with Jaxon about how you don't put your hands on people, and just to call for help, but for PETE SAKE! The kid was standing on him, so I can hardly be mad.  My question is, especially to mom's of boys, what is your stand on fighting, fighting back, standing up to bullys, etc?  I don't want Jaxon to be a fighter, but I also don't want him to lay down in the library with some jerk standing on his head until a teacher notices.  What do you do???

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I don't even think this is a situation to think of Jaxon as a fighter. I'm sure he knows your expectations on starting/joining fights. But self-preservation is another thing entirely.

Millie said...

You should teach him to stand up for himself!!! Never let anyone stand on your brain!!