Mother's Day

There are lots of things to blog about, but this one I just had to do first. My Mother's day was wonderful, partly because it was the first day I was able to nap and start feeling like a human again, instead of a world traveling zombie. But the bigger part was my sweet boys and how much they spoiled me. I got lots of thoughtful things, including a Sonic Gift card from Jaxon. We always let him decide what he wants to get the other parent for Holidays, and for me it's always either a Sonic Gift Card, or a Fry's (food and drug, not electronics) gift card. What can I say? He knows me well...as those are the two places we go most often!

But the most special gift came from Dave. I've been dying for a massage from my friend Marlo, so I asked Dave to give me a gift certificate for a massage. He asked exactly what I meant, and I told him, a HOMEMADE gift card, NOT made on the computer. You have to really know Dave to know HOW FAR out of his comfort zone this is. But sure enough, when I woke up from my delicious nap on Sunday afternoon, I was presented with this-





He was slightly embarrassed but also so secretly pleased with himself, and seriously, it might be one of the best, most precious gifts he's ever given me. He said,


"I bought letter stickers at Staples, because my handwriting is not so good, but I know, I know... I didn't do a very good job of putting them on straight. And did you see? I used your paper-cutter-thing to cut the pink paper smaller than the blue paper so it would be double like you do! And also, I used really nice handwriting to write your name on it!" (And seriously, did he ever!!! His usual handwriting is nothing short of illegible chicken scratch!)


Can I just tell you how much this certificate means to me? It means that my Dave did something he hates, and doesn't think he's very good at, just to show me he loves me!



Let me just say, I love my boys. I was so blessed to get these two!

No comments: