The Saddest Night time Story EVER!

Every night we have the same bedtime routine with Jaxon-

1. Bathroom
2. Jammies
3. Brush teeth
4. Say prayers
5. Read scriptures
6. Tell a story

#6 "tell a story" started out being a "Jaxon story." Jaxon LOVED hearing funny/interesting stories about himself as a baby/toddler etc. Then it moved to "Daddy or Mommy stories." Whoever's turn it was to tell the story would tell a funny or interesting story from our childhood. Tonight was my turn.
I told Jaxon the story about how I left my favorite "friend" in the whole world, my "My buddy" doll in the rain all night and it got ruined. I thought it would be a good teaching opportunity and said, "That's why you always need to listen to mom and dad when we ask you to take care of your things. We would never want anything to get ruined, like Bumble."

BIG MISTAKE!!!!!
We tucked J in and left. The next thing we know, we hear him sobbing hysterically through the monitor, talking to Bumble about how he better never stay out in the rain, or I would throw him away. I went back in, and it seriously took 5 minutes to get ANY SEMBLANCE of order back. Jaxon was just absolutely distraught. We had to go over several scenarios...all of which I had to assure Jaxon would NEVER happen to bumble.
Oh.
My.
Gosh.
That kid is attached.
I left, and he started up again, talking and sobbing with Bumble. This time Dave went in- and it was a whole different ballgame. Now Bumble was mad at Jaxon and Pablo because they were taller than him. So he wasn't speaking to them anymore, and that made Jaxon so sad.
(I think this is a reflection of his own life, because it disturbs Jaxon immensely when he is not "big enough" to do something, or when someone he perceives as his equal is bigger than him. Oh man...)
Addendum- Jaxon just called me into his room one last time and told me I am NEVER allowed to tell that story again...it just makes him and Bumble too sad...

7 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Ok, I know it's sad for Jaxon, but this post is hilarious! Good old Bumble!

michelle said...

Hilarious.

fish said...

cruelest. mother. ever.

Emily Ferrell said...

WOW. That is about all I have to say. I hope other teaching moments in life go a little bit better than this one.

Brit said...

Another great one from Jaxon. You know your little boy is my humorous entertainment!

Sarah said...

Oh, that is unfortunate. It was a good teaching story, too bad Jaxon took the prospect of losing Bumble to heart.
Poor boy.
He's got such a sweet and tender heart.
But yeah, the lesson is always a good one to try to teach.

Nedra Tietjen said...

That is hillarious. It was fun looking at all the pictures from your CA trip. i can't beleive how grown up Jax is getting.