Two funny stories, totally unrelated-

1. People ask me all the time, "Do you dye your hair, or is that your natural color?" The answer to both is- YES!

Very, VERY dark, DARK brown is my natural hair color, but I DO dye my roots cause I am CRAZY GRAY! (that is not the funny part...it practically brings me to tears every three weeks when I have to dye it!)

So yesterday I bought a box of hair color. I never buy the same kind, I always, ALWAYS just get whatever is cheapest. Well, as I was reading the box today, I noticed I got "non-permanent!" DOUBLE CRAP! So I kept reading to figure out what I was going to have to do, or it if would even work, and this is what it said-
"Colors hair for approximately 6 weeks, or about 24 washes."

HA!!! HA!!! HA!!!

24 WASHES!?!?!

If this stuff lasts for 24 washes, I'm good for like the next 4 months!
AT LEAST!
HA!
Yup- that's how I roll!

#2. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the people I teach at the gym. My morning classes are mostly older (much older) people. Like, in their 70's and 80's, but still spry and fiesty- LOVE IT!

Well, I have a couple men that come, that I adore. They are old and lonely, and love to chat. They tell me that all they do is come to the gym, and then go home and watch TV all day. It makes me sad, so I try to chat with them as much as possible- to be their friend and make it a good part of their day.

So my dear buddy "Fritz," A German guy with a fantastic white handlebar mustache, and an awesome array of tattoos said to me,

" You know, I've been taking this class for a long time. And I finally know you well enough (imagine "vell enoof") to tell you, You look exactly like a young Bo Derek. I think, maybe you are her daughter or something?"

I had no idea who she was, but I figured if he was telling me, he must think it was a compliment, so I said, "thank you so much."

I came home and googled "young Bo Derek" and YOWZA! When this Bo Derek lady was young...she didn't wear much clothing...and SERIOUSLY!?!?!

I.

Mean.

SERIOUSLY?

I love you Fritz. That is absolutely the most absurd comparison I have ever heard. But it made my day...possibly my year!

(I know this picture isn't very clear, but it was seriously the only one of her young that she was sort-of dressed....count yourself warned if you choose to look her up yourself!)

5 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

You. Are. Hilarious! I love that Fritz told you that...and yeeeess, you're practically twins. And my hair-stylist friend (I only have one) says that it's best for your hair not to wash it very much.

Brit said...

I love love love your honesty, I don't wash my hair very often either and Kelsey thinks it's weird and makes fun of me. But I have heard it is not healthy to wash it everyday, and I am choosing to stick with that piece of info!
I love old men, they are the best! What a fun start to your day, and the fact that that old man had an accent even better!

Sarah said...

Woohoo, Ashley-Bo.
That's a lovely compliment. That pic of Bo Derek is from the movie "10", in which she was the ideal, perfect 10 (and running slow-mo up the beach-- very iconic).
Way to go, Ash!
As far as your hair goes, it's gorgeous. So rich, thick, shiny, lovely. I love it. Keep up the good work of covering grays.
You look fabulous.

Emily Ferrell said...

I guess Fritz knows a good thing when he sees it. He must have a little crush on you.

Sabby said...

Hi Ashley, I love your blog! What a cute family you have! Your little man is such a stud, very handsome. Oh and I try not to wash my hair that often either!