My New Best Friend, and a Major SCORE!!!

First, I'd like to thank my new best friend, and traveling companion. Thank you for being there with me on the 13 hour plane rides, putting my mind at ease, and helping me rest comfortably. Thank you for being there for me when I got home, and allowing me to get back on schedule easily. Thank you AMBIEN, thank you!

Second, you just never know what treasures you might find in China.

Some that you think are a major score, turn out to be a bust. For instance, Dave's True Religion Jeans that I bought 4 sizes too big, are still too small. Dang those Chinese and their false sizing. Why do they need to make Americans feel even fatter?

Second, Dave's awesome Diesel Watch. He just started it yesterday, and it's already 20 minutes slow. Good thing they were so cheap that I bought him 4 watches! (though, mine I've been wearing since Monday and it's still working like a charm!)

But Anyway...of all the treasures I've found, I think the one on my most recent trip takes the cake. I wouldn't even say we found them in a market...more like an Alley with 3 stalls. How people find these places is beyond me...but...I FOUND AMERICAN DVD's!!! SCORE!!!
I have compiled a list that I have to print out and stick to the DVD's...because the writing on the outside is Chinese...have no fear though, we have watched a couple, and they are beautiful, English videos!
So, for less than $60 (Yes, that's LESS THAN $60) I found the following-
(Note- the bold videos are still in the theaters here, or not out on DVD yet...or Television complete seasons!)

Spider-Man 1,2,3
Avatar
New Moon
Seven Pounds
X-Men Wolverine
Slum-Dog Millionaire
Edward Scissorhands
Transformers 1, 2
Braveheart
Sherlock Holmes (the new one)
This is It (Michael Jackson)
Indiana Jones 1,2,3
Band Of Brothers
Mamma Mia
2012
Up
The Frog and the Princess
Meet the Robinsons
Veggie Tales Pirates
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Toy Story 1,2
Bee Movie
Sword in the Stone
Horton Hears a Who
Help I’m a Fish
Simpsons the Movie
Princess Enchanted tales
Meet the Robinsons
The Incredibles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Robots
Peter Pan
Monsters Inc
Ice Age 1,2,3
Finding Nemo
Shark Tale
Madagascar 1,2
Chicken Little
Valiant
Chicken Run
Shrek 1,2,3
Lion King 1,2,3
Mulan 1,2
Garfield 1,2,3
Kangaroo Jack
Fox and The Hound 1,2
Scooby Doo (real people) 1,2
The Chipmunks
Flushed Away
Ratatouille
Stuart Little 1,2,3
101 Dalmatians 1,2
Hunchback of Notre Dame 1,2
Lady and the Tramp 1,2
Little Ensteins (3)
Open Season
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Goofy Movies (6)
Cinderella
Beauty and the Beast
Snow White
Little Mermaid 1,2
Aladdin
Tom and Jerry
Jungle Book
Barbie Princesses
Donald Duck (4)
Lilo and Stitch
Winnie The Pooh
Tigger Movie
Wall-e
Robots
CSI Seasons 1-6
Chuck Seasons 1,2
NCIS Seasons 1-6
Numbers Seasons 1-2
Friends All Seasons
Lie To Me Season 1
24 Seasons 1-5
LOST Seasons 1-5
Seinfeld All Seasons
Simpsons Seasons 1-16


Lots of the Kids and Disney Movies came in bundles, often more than one movie per DVD, that is why there are several princess and other girlie movies tucked in there...oh well...maybe we'll have a girl someday.

PS- I know some of these are rated R, but we have a clear play DVD player that will edit the DVD's for us.!

11 comments:

Sherri Macdonald said...

Holy Crap you cleaned up on DVD's! Great score! You could open your own movie rental with that list!

fish said...

dang, i thought from your title that this was going to be a post about me. just kidding. but i'm not kidding about the fact that i need to borrow a few of those dvd's. is there a membership form for the rogers family video store?

ThePalmers said...

can I borrow shirlock homes tomorrow? I slept through it at the movie theater!

ThePalmers said...

oh yeah... and AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to go back there!

Sarah said...

Are you kidding me? All those vids for less than $60?!?
That rocks!
I'm so happy for you. That's the best bargain shopping I've ever heard of.
Totally makes up for the jeans and slow watch.
Congrats.

AnnaMarie said...

That is awesome. Gotta love China.

CJB said...

wow, that is AMAZING. I am happy to hear you have Lost because when this is all said and done I want to re-watch them.

Brit said...

way to go, impressive, I got to admit I stopped reading the titles about half way thru because the list just went on and on!

The Gentry's said...

You TOTALLY scored!!
Dwayne got a few DVD's when he was in Afgahnistan, the subtitles are hilarious! They did horrible at translating. You should check out and see how the chinese did. One of the movies titles is Danny Deck Chair. Well they mixed the e up in Deck and put an i.

Flaherty Fam said...

I love traveling abroad and scoring on the dvds. I did the same thing in Bolivia and it was awesome! Glad to hear the ambien worked out for ya too.

Trish said...

OMG! You sure scored big there! Should have bought extra and then sold them to people online! Oh yeah, oh yeah!