Jaxon Says...

There's just not enough time in the day. Period.
That being said, I am seriously slacking on blogging, but it's pretty far down the list right now. We are mostly caught up, sleep-wise, from our various trips...well...except for Jaxon. He has vacillated between angel and devil this week. When he's good, he great. And when he's bad...watch out.
Anyway, maybe I am just finding his new little sayings particularly cute this week because I was away from him, but I wish I had written down half of what he has said, but here are the few I remember-

1. His Preschool teacher came over yesterday for our "parent teacher conference" and Jaxon was in heaven. He showed her all around, including the garden, and then helped her pick all the cherry tomatoes to take home with her. While they were squatting down together picking Jaxon, totally out of the blue said, "You know Mrs. Rochelle, I'm not a huge fan of Tomatoes. In fact, I HATE THEM!"
Sometimes with a vocabulary like his, it's hard to remember that he doesn't have the reasoning skills to match.

2. A couple day ago he was gassy... that's what we say at our house...I can't stand the "F" word...so we use various forms of the word gas...ie "are you Gassy?" "Did you do gassys?" or "I gassed." Anyway, J was gassy and just kept saying, "I gassed!" over and over again everytime he would putt-putt. So I said, "Jaxon, it's not very polite to tell everyone everytime you have gas. You can just say, 'excuse me' instead." to which Jaxon said, "MOM! That's not being honest! Jesus would tell the truth and say that he had gas, and not just say 'excuse me' because that's not telling all the truth."
What exactly does a parent say to that? (IF your answer is hide your head under the blanket so he doesn't see you laugh, then we agree!)

3. Tonight on the way home from extended family dinner Jaxon was a nightmare. He was pretty much hysterical the whole time. At one point I was trying to calm him down and said, "Jaxon buddy. You're a better boy than this!" He said (While sobbing), "I know! I don't know what to do! There's just these naughty things inside my body and they just come out and I can't help it!" (I thought that was pretty funny but was not going to let him get off that easy..) I said, "No Jaxon. Inside your body is your spirit from Heavenly Father, and it's righteous." He said, "Where well do all these naughty things come from then???"

4. This one was tonight at bedtime. I was impressed with his reasoning skills, and amused by everything else. Right in the middle of reading scriptures, he says, "HEY! Did you know...there is a pair, like a pair of socks. Then there is a pear, like a pear you eat. Two kinds of pears! Did you know that???" Dave said, "Wow Jaxon! You're really smart. Did someone tell you that?" Jaxon said, "Jesus Christ told me...in my heart."

7 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Those are outrageously adorable. What a guy Jaxon is. And I'm sure that every time Jesus gassed, he told the truth. He never blamed it on Peter.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, Jaxon is one of a kind.
I love his conversations with you guys. He has me laughing and sighing and completely thrilled at what a bright boy he is.
Thanks for sharing what he says with us.
He's priceless.

Marie said...

Hilarious. He obviously has a pretty good grasp on what kind of person Jesus was.

Brit said...

Luv it! we dont like the f word either we use toot. But gassy is good too! I am definitely struggling with Belle and her temper, she seems to be such a negative child and I don't seem to be helping much. Hard times. Awesome that Jaxon is so smart and a great reasoner (word?)!

Anonymous said...

Boy that Chinese comment is hysterical! Oh...what? You can't read Chinese? Too bad for you!

Brandis said...

What a funny guy! I swear you could have been writing some of that about Cole though. I liked how you put it that he's been vascillating between angel & devil. That pretty much sums it up. :)

Sarah said...

Thanks for the reminder of hair accessories. That's one of my fav ways to dress myself up, too. I can't believe I totally forgot about it.
Headbands and flowered hairclips are my current favs. But ever since I'd read Breaking Dawn, I've wanted silver hair combs. I think I'm gonna be on the lookout for some real soon.

Oh, I got the Accessory Trees at Target (of all places) for $25 each. You can order them online if they're not available at your store. And currently Target.com has a promo of free shipping with a $50 or more purchase. Just in case you're really interested.

I love you tons!

Oh, I'm going to duplicate this comment reply on my post too. Just in case others are interested in the Trees. Love you!