Hurray for Thanksgiving!

We are here in Vegas, happily overfed and loving being with family! Yesterday was one of my three treat days (gave up sweets on Oct. 1st and get to have them thanksgiving, Christmas Eve. and Christmas Day) I had 2 cinnamon rolls for breakfast- delicious, and I was sick till lunch. After lunch I had a piece of DELICIOUS homemade apple pie and promptly threw it all up. Later I really wanted to have a slice of pumpkin pie, but my stomach wouldn't allow anymore sugar! Guess the body knows what's good for it...even when the brain things differently....wait...I did have half of one more cinnamon roll before bed...and couldn't sleep with stomach pains and racing blood!
My awesome sister in law's and Mother in law went Black Friday shopping at 4:30 this morning (I am a self proclaimed Black Friday HATER!) but they picked up an awesome dinosaur mountain toy that I was wanting for Jaxon for 20 bucks! (On Amazon it was selling for $89!!!!) they told me the one requirement for them picking it up was that I could never bash Black Friday again...which I won't...just don't expect me to be going out shopping that early...ever.
It is SO FABULOUS to be here relaxing with people we love and NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD! No busy season for either of us, no work brought home, pictures to edit, chores to do, errands to run....living on Vacation is THE LIFE!
Also, Thanksgiving felt like a Saturday....but in case you were unaware, today is only Friday...and we have all today and tomorrow for more fun! We are going to dinner with family tonight and going to see the water show at the Bellagio at some point!

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Fun! I'm glad you're having a great time! So you'll have to tell me your rules for what treats are allowed when I see you in a few weeks! Can't wait!

Roger and Stephnie said...

That is so interesting about the sugar! Sugar gives me migraines and I always feel sick after eating it too! It is so frustrating! I get so excited for my day to eat sugar and then I end up regretting that I ate anything. Maybe next time, it will be one bite and call it good!