Dude- Idea....and a new calling!

Jaxon's cousins have all been singing the "Doe A Deer" song lately, and he decided it was high time he learned it as well. He has never been to music class, and never seen Sound Of Music...so he has no idea what it means, or what it's for. Today in the car he sang-

"Dude. Idea. A Film Idea"

Hysterical!

Next.....My New Calling----


DEN LEADER!


That's right folks, I'm now a Cub Scout leader!!! (Webelos I believe!)


When I found out I was meeting with the bishop this morning I was excited to go get a new calling. I got released from the Moms and Tots playgroup leader and member of HFPE committee last week, so I was excited to start serving again.

This morning when I got to church and found out I was actually meeting with the bishopric counselor over primary, I WAS SO SAD! Don't get me wrong, I love kids! I taught fifth grade and loved every second...the problem is that for the first 6 years of my marriage, I NEVER GOT TO ATTEND RS-EVER! I was in Primary or Young Women's the WHOLE 6 YEARS! This past year, I have absolutely LOVED Relief Society. I love the interaction, I love the lessons, I LOVE IT!!!


I asked the Bishopric member Did it count as refusing a calling, if I just refused to meet with him??? He just laughed and started the meeting. We shot the breeze and then he said,

"Well. This calling IS in the primary, but you would still get to attend RS on Sunday."

I thought, I can't imagine what that could be, but bring it on! When he called me to Cub Scouts, you could have knocked me over with a feather!! But I am REALLY EXCITED!!!! Everyone I talk to says Scouts is SUPER FUN! I never thought of myself as serving in scouts, but now I am really excited to start!

I'm sure this calling will bring lots of funny stories and activities....so stay posted!

8 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

I'm sure it will be fun! What age are Webelos? I know nothing of scouts, and if I keep having girls, I hope it stays that way. :)

Sherri Macdonald said...

I am so excited to have you in Cubs...if you can't already tell. Cub Scouts is so much fun! You will love it! And, best of all, you will be great at it. I am excited for the boys to have you as their leader. It will be challenging, but totally worth it! I promise!

fish said...

congrats! you are now officially in the cool group.

Matt said...

This is Sarah, I'm just signed on as Matt.

Oh my goodness! Den Leader, huh? Awesome.
Should be fun.
But I'm a little confused. I thought you were in Young Womens (not Playgroup & HFPE, etc). Hmm... I guess I'm just outta touch with it all.

Congrats on your new calling. I'm sure you'll do fabulous. And I'm super happy you get to attend RS.

Trish said...

Nick does scouts as well. He is over the bears. Unfortunately he has a really small room at the church bldg and a zillion little boys with tons of energy. He comes home pooped every week. For some reason they have had a hard time getting more people to help in that calling in our ward. You'd think that the parents of the kids would at least be up for it. Anyway, sorry...I'm not trying to suggest anything about how scouts will be for you. I bet it will be totally different and really awesome for you. It's just the only thing I can relate right now. Have fun!

Flaherty Fam said...

I love how kids interpret their own words to songs...so funny! Congrats on the new calling...good luck!

Cicily said...

That will be a fun challenge for sure.

Dora said...

Wow! That will be fun for you. I was a Bear Leader many years ago. The key is to keep them busy! They like to make things hands on and to run and get their energy out. Have fun with it. Make sure you go to the training when they offer it so that you can get that part over with.