24 days of Christmas Countdown Advent Thing...

Okay, so my dear friend Michelle in SF emailed me what her family did for the Christmas Countdown last year and I got lots of good ideas from it. Then my SIL Emily and I sat down and planned out some more...we are going to do several of the activities with Emily's girls...Jaxon loves those girls more than he will probably ever love a real sister...and hopefully my Sis Amber and my other SIL Tricia. I had big plans of making the cutest hanging advent calendar ever...but lets' be serious...this isn't the year. So we are buying them on Etsy. We found cute ones that we can use for several years!
A lot of people wanted to know what we were doing for our countdown, so here you have it-
(Anything that starts with ** means we are doing it with cousins)

24 days of Christmas

1 Tues- Set up Nativity- talk about true meaning of Christmas
**2 Wed- Christmas Travel bags (Christmas coloring book) (for Driving to DISNEYLAND!)
**3 Thurs- Caroling and thank you cards to Grandpas Hotel room
**4 Fri- Christmas socks to wear to Disneyland
**5 Sat- Sing carols in the car and have a Christmas treat (FOR DRIVING HOME)
6 Sun- Put up Mistletoe and kiss
**7 Mon- Pictures with Santa at SS mall-
8 Tues- Take change to Salvation Army buckets
9 Wed- Go through old toys to donate- "Santa's Workshop"
**10 Thurs- Christmas Craft at the park
**11 Fri- Gingerbread houses from Costco kits
12 Sat- Candlelight dinner
**13 Sun- Drive/walk to See decorated Christmas houses
14 Mon- Donate food to food bank or secret santa
15 Tues- Call Rogers Grandparents and Cousins and Sing Carols to them
16 Wed- Make Christmas cookies for next day
**17 Thurs- Decorate cookies 4pm at Grandpa and Grandma’s
**18 Fri- "Christmas Eve" at Grandma and Grandpa’s
**19 Sat- Rawhide in time to see tree lighting at 6
**20 Sun- Temple lights
**21 Mon- Caroling (dinner?) Grandparents neighborhood
**22 Tues- Christmas breakfast at the park
23 Wed- Christmas movie with popcorn/hot chocolate
24 Thurs- Make and leave treats for Santa and Reindeer

I am seriously giddy to start this!!!

10 comments:

Trish said...

That sounds like one fun December planned out! My friend Amber did a calendar at super Saturday in our ward. (She taught how to do it.) Maybe I'll get more into that next year when I'm not about to have a baby and learn all the fun first time mommy stuff.

Valerie: said...

that is a cute idea!! Glad your able to take some time off and spend with Jaxon..oh i had no idea that was your chicken chili...it was sooo stinkin good. i could have eaten 5 bowls!! I am so going to make it this week,

michelle said...

Yay! LOVE IT. You've given me some good ideas too, love the Christmas socks and singing Christmas songs over the phone to grandparents.

I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Kelly said...

Ash: I love this!! I copied and printed it off to change to fit my family. You are inspiring! Also, I got your cute message about the ties. Miranda's family is actually a PERFECT one to have wearing the ties. She is very fashionable and her 3 boys and husband are DARLING. I have been waiting until you get them up to order some. I'm not sure what we are wearing for Christmas this year so I think i want to see them to get some that match. I am really excited to see all this work you've gone to. It's going to be AWESOME! I also heard you will be in Vegas over Thanksgiving. We are going to Utah Thurs. through Sun. When will you be here? Knowing my luck I'll miss you... :(

AnnaMarie said...

Ambitious! Have fun!

Cicily said...

Fun ideas. What are the ** all about?

The Hoopers said...

Thanks for posting this! I'm going to sit down with my kiddos and make one too. You are a great mom!

Alexandra Robertson said...

I love it!I will make my own too!Hey if you want to come over while you are in california let me know!And I also have disneyland passes...(we go everyweek)not so exciting anymore....

Sherri Macdonald said...

You are way more ambitious than I am. Good luck with all those fun activities.

Sarah said...

I love the ideas. It's so great to do something special each day. I love the Christmas season.