Rawhide!

All week I've been stressed out of my mind, due largely in part to the guilt I feel about how little time I have been spending with Jaxon lately. I have booked too many shoots and made too many other obligations, and can't get out of them. I feel like I'm always dropping Jaxon off somewhere. So I decided that no matter how many other things needed to get done, we were having a FUN FAMILY NIGHT (gosh darn it!) on Friday. We picked up Dave from work and drove out to Rawhide. I have to say, it was probably one of the 2 most fun days/nights we have spent together (the 3 of us) all year....I know...it doesn't speak very highly of our year to date (it's been a rough year) but none-the-less, we had a spectacular time!

It was touch and go at first...Jaxon was crying and hysterically begging to go home after he saw all the scary guys roaming the streets when we first got there! And...the scary music being piped in even freaked me out! But we got past the escape convict and the headless horseman and headed for a little less scary side of town. There Jaxon got to ride a burro, we all went on a haunted train ride (that Jax swears he loved but hid his face for most of) saw a gunshow, watched Dave climb the rock wall, painted a pumpkin, roasted marshmallows, ate a hotdog, and what did Jaxon ask the facepainter to give him?? A MUSTACHE!! It was a hilarious handlebar mustache, and it was awesome!
I brought my camera with no on-camera flash, and I don't have an external flash, thus...no flash. It was very dark so I didn't really take too many pictures, and the ones I did take are super grainy. BUT I DON'T CARE! It was a fantastic stress free night together, and come Thanksgiving day, I think Im going to plan at least one family outing a week for the rest of the year. It just reminded me how great it is to be with my boys!
This is Jaxon with the super-scary scarecrow. The guy talked to Jaxon normally and told him he was just playing dress up...but notice how Jaxon is still pointing his "cowboy gun" at him!



The burro ride begins...



Oh Dave! You're so dreamy!!!

4 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That looks like a lot of fun! (Why is everything Halloween so scary? I hate the gore and death part of it...why can't it just be cute little witches and ghosts?) And don't feel guilty---Jaxon is doing fine!

The Ferrells said...

I bet Grandpa Cottrell is rolling in his grave while Jaxon takes a burro ride--he's asking where are the ponies? Cute, anyway!!!!

Stevens said...

Jaxon is one BRAVE kid!

Marie said...

So much fun. Thanks for inviting us along, oh wait - you didn't;-) Glad you guys have fun. We're gonna have to check it out!