We really are THAT LAME...


I have been finding this "situation" both hilarious and pitiful for a while now, so I thought I would share-

Behold...Jaxon's TUB TOYS!

1. An old sand toys bucket

2. A toy alligator with the tail broken off

3. An empty shampoo bottle

4. An empty sunflower seed tube

5. 2 toys from McDonalds Happy Meals

6. The end cap to his electric toothbrush that stopped working

7. A cup

8. A measuring cup

9. And the CROWN JEWELS of his collection- his sponge dinosaurs.

I felt so bad about his crappy toys that I bought one of those $2.49 packages at Frys of the "Dinosaur pills" the kind that disolves in water and has a sponge dino inside. He gets to use ONE everytime he takes a bath, which has exponentially increased his bathing!

So, for Christmas he is getting a cool pirate ship that is made for the bathtub...

8 comments:

Valerie: said...

hey bath toys are WAY too expensive for what they are. I have the same ones I got from Sydney's baby shower. She just brings her own stuff in now and london plays with the baby ones.

Trish said...

It's funny how some kids love baths and others dread it. I used to dread it. I think having cool bath toys would have made me want to take more though. You must be on the right track!

AnnaMarie said...

That's cool about the pirate ship. Katie has some "real" bathtub toys, but she spends most of her time playing with a cup or a washcloth anyhow.

Sherri Macdonald said...

we use measuring cups, happy meal toys and any other toys the fit their fancy. There are a few rubber fish, a few superheroes and even some old sea shells. Whatever makes them happy. I don't buy toys specifically for the bath. They never like the bath approved toys, so I let them do whatever they'd like. I find anything that doesn't hold and keep water works.

The Hoopers said...

You're a nicer mom than me. Absolutely no toys in baths at our house...I'd NEVER get them to get out :)

Brandis said...

I'm not that nice either. The only things in our bathtub are a bottle of shampoo/body soap (yes, it's the combo kind), a bucket to dump water on their heads, a wash cloth, and kids. :)

Anonymous said...

You are all making me feel much better, and much less white trash!

Cicily said...

Looks pretty much like our tub assortment, but we have the bug sponges (huge hit). I was thinking of springing for the tub crayons for the stocking this year.