Odds and Ends

Not much out of the ordinary has been going on here lately. We have gotten a few fun new additions here and there around the house though...a couple of which were generously given to us...I LOVE HAND-ME-DOWNS. (read: we will NOT be offended if you offer us your old stuff that you don't want/need anymore but think that we would want/need!)


First the freebies- One of Dave's friends from school/work gave us this awesome bike that his son grew out of. You hook it into the TV and it comes with 6 or 7 different bike riding games to play. This has been awesome for Jaxon's strength and coordination in conjunction with his PT. He loves it, and rides it every night!

Second- I've been volunteering at the elementary school I used to teach at, because my grade level (5th) lost all of their aides due to budget cuts. ( PS- I LOVE being back in the classroom, and it REALLY makes me miss teaching) anyway, today on my way in, an old friend handed me a tiny violin case and said, 3 1/2 is the perfect age to start Suzuki violin lessons. Here is Jaxon's new violin. WHAT? I had never considered violin lessons, but now we have a violin.... I think I will sign him up for like 4 lessons and see how it goes...let's be honest...we can't afford a piano (heck, we can't even afford a violin but here we are...) so violin might be the way to go...
(I put it next to a small water bottle so you can see how tiny and darling it is!)




Next, my new tiny work Laptop. So fun! YAY!


These last 2 are my favorites! I got my paycheck from the photo work I did for the lawfirm. We mostly paid bills and saved, but we did splurge on 2 things I have been wanting FOREVER!
#1- a water dispenser! I love water, but I had nasty disgusting tap water! This thing was only $100 at Walmart, and I LOVE IT! Cold delicious water at our fingertips at all times!


#2 is this storage/bookshelf thingy from IKEA! It houses nearly all of Jaxon's toys and looks a lot nicer than the piles we used to have all over the room. Those are not the pictures that will be staying on top. I just ordered a bunch, and I am really excited because our living room is tiny, and this is the first surface I have really had to decorate/ cover in pictures! HURRAY!


So that's it from here...

6 comments:

Trish said...

Ikea is such an awesome place! Unfortunately we don't live very close to one right now. But I must say that my favorite ikea item is the magnetic strip for my knives. It is wonderful!

Valerie: said...

my parents have that smart cycle at their house for the grand kids. It's fun! I bet Jaxon will love it!! Love the shelves you got!

Marie said...

Dont tell my boys you have that bike thingy or they'll be knocking you door down daily. New shelves look great! I have a handy down you might want!

ThePalmers said...

oh no- That water dispenser looks very dangerous to a thirsty (curious) child. You'll have to tell me how it goes! And the violin!!!! That. Is. Awesome!!!!! I am excited to hear how his lessons go. I am trying to talk Kalle into playing the violin once she gets old enough in school. She will be able to choose any instrument, so we will see! How Fun!

AnnaMarie said...

Hey Ashley, sorry I've been away...new baby and all. :) But we are getting the internet today! So, funny about Mom bringing Jaxon to the wrong place, can't wait to talk to you about how his preschool is when you have time to talk one of these days, cool that you're volunteering in the classroom! That must be fun, but jeez like you need something else to keep you busy. I love the shelves (love Ikea) and can't wait to see the pics you really will have on top, so post about that, ok? Violin lessons? You're brave. And nice about the bike game thing. I also love free stuff!

Sarah said...

Awesome.
I love that IKEA expedit thing. I so want one.
And funny enough, we were handed down a smart cycle, too.
The kids love playing on it.
Good times.
And I didn't know kids could start learning violin at 3 1/2 yrs.
Hmm...
I think I'll wait for piano, 'cause we're still working on swim, preschool, and ballet.
But music lessons are so important. I'm glad you've got Jaxon started.
Love you guys.