We're Baaaaaaaaaack!

Thank goodness!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Dave's family... I just hate being without Dave for that long. And I LOVE Jaxon, I just don't love his behavior after 2 weeks with no naps and poor sleeping. I am going to upload a bunch of pictures, with minimal recap of the last 14 days. I'm just too busy. I want to have it recorded for posterities sake, but in actuality, just getting a few pictures up will have to do for now!

First up- Yellowstone- You may notice that Jaxon is wearing a bright orange "worker vest" in several of the shots. Please feel free to laugh...it was my sisters genius idea and I LOVED IT! It was the only way I could keep track of Jaxon in all the trees and running with his cousins. By the end of the week, all parents of toddlers were wishing for something just like it!

Jaxon played hard, paid no attention to me or my rules, slept poorly, and ate worse. He loved every minute with his cousins, but couldn't handle the cold nights. On the last night (worst of my life if you remember from a previous post) after waking up about every 45 minutes totally hysterical (like, I've never seen him like this. "Totally incoherent, screaming gibberish at the top of his lungs, flailing around, banging his head" hysterical) at 1:30am I had had it. He woke up again and screamed for 15 minutes straight. Everyone in camp was awake, and I started crying too...I just didn't know what to do. Finally we got in the car, drove for about 45 minutes to calm him down, and ended up parked in a parking lot at 2:30 where we left the car running for heat, and Jaxon fell asleep on my lap in the front seat. He slept fitfully (and me worse) until 5:30 when the sun started coming up. Good times.

We did do and see lots of fun things...a buck elk with HUGE antlers walked right through our camp with 4 female elk the first morning. They then crossed the street and laid down for a 2 hour rest about 30 feet from our camp. We got in a traffic jam when 2 buffalo decided to stop traffic and frolic in the road, we saw Old Faithful (not so faithful anymore...) and lots of hot springs, mud pots etc. We loved sitting around the campfire and being with family.

Jaxon and his cousins "playing on the train" a daily event


This is how Jaxon went to bed every night. We even added gloves, but he just couldn't get warm.


Gorgeous waterfall in the "Grand Canyon of Yellowstone."


Jaxon and Grandpa going fishing. Fishing lasted for 3 casts, then it turned into Jax and all his cousins stripped down and playing in the freezing water.


Jaxon and cousin Emily...I think he's in love.



Here's the WHOLE FAMILY...minus Dave (boo hoo) taken with my timer and a tripod
Our little family pictures...not so family picture-esque without the Mr....


The 4 filthy muskateers!! Andrew, Logan, Jaxon, and Noah

2 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Yikes. Cold=no good camping. I guess they told you it'd be cold, because you had hats & mittens, but wow. That's miserable. Cute pics, though. I'm glad Jaxon had fun in the daytime...

Marie said...

Beautiful picture of of the "grand canyon" of yellowstone!!