Florida!

Florida was mostly work, but we did find time in the late afternoons to swim in the hotel swimming pool with Grandma and Grandpa. Jaxon all of a sudden became totally comfortable in the water, and was swimming quite long distances to us! HURRAY!

Also, on the last day we had the whole afternoon free and done with work, so we went on airboat swamp tour in the Everglades. It was pretty awesome to see! Here are a few pictures from our adventures...

Jaxon and Grandpa enjoying the airboat...or at least Jaxon is! (The man said, "Turn your hats backwards or the wind will help me turn them into confetti when it blows them into these giant fans!")


The gorgeous Everglades


The guy had just turned on the fans...Jaxon was a little nervous. Also he gave us all some toilet paper and said "The tissue is for your EARS, not your REARS!" The fans get pretty loud!



Jax, Grandma and Grandpa waiting for the Airboat ride


Where our adventure began..



This sucker is REAL! I twas just hoping along the sidewalk with a few of it's buddies...that's my dad's giant hand holding! IT WAS HUGE!!!


Jax getting a ride in the airport



3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

Fun times. I'm not a fan of Florida. Humid, hot, huge bugs & lots of them, and alligators running around. No, thanks.

Clay's gal said...

I have an aunt that lives in Gulf Breeze and the beaches are beautiful! I love it there!

Anyways, I enjoyed talking to you in Relief Society and I'm excited that you are my new visiting teacher! Email me so I can send you an invite to our blog. (If you want one....) lindseyslads@cox.net

The Ferrells said...

We hit the Florida weather just right--not as hot as Arizona, no humidity and we loved the bugs for Jaxon. Life is great--