"Membership has its privileges!"

WOW! I'm excited! Next week I get to attend a breakfast with Senator McCain put on by the Arizona Federation of Republic Women...but wait! There's more! I get to lead the pledge! Such a small thing...why am I nervous? Oh yes, because although I said it every morning for 5.5 years of teaching, and 6 years of elementary school, I am worried about botching one of the 31 words. If that weren't enough, I talked to the president of the Arizona NFRW, and she said, "Oh by the way, the person who leads the pledge usually says a few words about it first."

uh...what?

Did she happen to mention what those "few words"were?

No.

Soliciting patriotic, pledge-loving help!!!

10 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That's awesome, Ashley! You should talk about how you said it with your students every morning, and what that meant to you, and to them. Also share a time when a young girl in your class who had just come from Mexico teared up the first time she got to say it in your class.

fish said...

you've sure had some amazing opportunities come your way lately. i don't have any "pledge-loving help" but i really like the ideas in the previous comment. whatever you end up saying, i know you'll do awesome. good luck!

Anonymous said...

AnnaMarie- you crack me up! This is what I have so far...what do you think...
"The Pledge of Allegiance is an important and time- honored recognition of the freedoms on which the United States was founded, and a tribute to those who have defended the ideals of liberty, equality and justice for all."

ThePalmers said...

GO to this website:

http://oldtimeislands.org/pledge/pledge.htm

Read the 5th paragraph and talk about how glad you are, especially when thinking about the group you are with, that they added the word "equality".

Thank you very much. That will be $0.25

ThePalmers said...

PS- what you have so far (The Pledge of Allegiance is an important and time- honored recognition of the freedoms...) is a bit boring. Love you! :)

Valerie: said...

hey...have you cancelled play group the whole summer? i have not noticed any posts on the blog. Let me know. We are home and needing things to do!

Lizzie said...

is the president heather sandstrom?

Roger and Stephnie said...

Wow! I would be scared too! You will do a great job though and I'm excited for you to have the opportunity! By the way, your dream that you told me about was hilarious!

Marie said...

Good luck with that. I have no advice. Sorry. I'm sure you'll do gret!!

ThePalmers said...

Haha- I am a total moron. I just realized that the word "equality" isn't even in the pledge. Nix my idea for what you should say! :) Lol