Swim Lessons

Every mother has to do at least one summer post about swim lessons right? Jaxon has been taking lessons again this year from Mrs. Malia. She and her hubby are good friends of ours, and their daughter and Jaxon were born 5 days apart. They are seriously kindred spirits, because their vocabularies make for a lot of hysterical conversations and even more hilarious and creative excuses, reasoning, etc.
After the first 2 lessons I thought Jaxon was doomed to be a nonswimmer for life. He was hysterical. Fast forward 2 months, and he is FEARLESS!!! He loves to jump off the edge, especially the diving board, and is highly offended if you are standing to close to the edge when he jumps. Unfortunately with his -2% body fat (Remember the inability to stay warm at Yellowstone?) he still has to get out and lay on the burning cement (110 degrees today...) to get warm.
I adore this little character!
(Thank you Mrs. Malia!!!)

Just floatin'...


Yup... "CANNON BALL!!!"
Diving!?!?



The next 2 pictures...darling to a mother's loving eye...disasterous for a photographer.
These are the 2 looks I get when I ask Jaxon to smile...just depends on his mood!


Trying to get warm... (notice all those ribs...I promise, I FEED HIM!)



Jaxon and Brailyn- best buds!

3 comments:

The Ferrells said...

These are too cute. Wow, tugs at the heart strings--

AnnaMarie said...

Cute pics. I love your photography style so much, Ashley. I'm glad you take lots of pics of Jaxon. He's growing so fast. I'm glad he got used to the water...it'd be a rough life in AZ with a fear of swimming! Now come visit us so Katie & Jaxon can swim together!

Sarah said...

Awesome pics!
Jaxon is such a fearless cutie.
I can't believe he's cannonballing, etc.
Wow.
Super impressive.
Our kids suffer from the same lack of body fat, so they also struggle with being freezing in 80 degree F water.
This past week in CA, we swam pretty much everyday, but the kids would be freezing almost the entire time.
Also didn't help that they had fevers.
I love your pics as usual, and thanks for the emailed ones of our group.
You rock!