I'm so in love with this guy...





Jax and I have been spending a lot of time together lately...not that that is any different from any other time...it's just a lot more personal when we are searching out restrooms every 15 minutes. He has only had 2 accidents, and both were at the gym. I don't know if they remember to ask him, and he is nervous to tell them, or if he is having to much fun to stop playing, but only 2 accidents the first week of potty training, that's great for me. We have had him in undies the whole time, even out in public, because the one time we put him in a pullup- it felt too much like a diaper and he thought it was free reign. I really feel like this is a big step in him "growing up" and not being my baby anymore. That and him starting preschool in the fall...Growing up is such a double edged sword.


My favorite part of this picture- his dirty fingernails...he's still my little boy after all!


4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the pics of Jaxon.
And I agree that it's rather bitter-sweet seeing our babies grow up. It's so wonderful to see them become independent. But it's sad thinking that they're not always going to be underfoot.
Noah starts preschool this fall too, and I'm not sure it's really hit me.
I'm not sure I'm ready.
Though there are some days that I'm more than ready.

Valerie: said...

dont melt away! Good job with the potty training. It seems like its a long road but its so worth to have them out of diapers!!

Trish said...

You take great pictures! And I think that maybe some people would think that writing all these potty training details down would be a waste, but I think it is smart. You learn more once you write down what is going on in your life. It gives you perspective. (Not that you needed this lecture, but just felt like saying it.) Oh the joys of parenthood!

The Ferrells said...

Yes, I saw the darling pictures, but expected you to praise Dave because he has been so great in your times of stress. What a good guy!!