Potty Part 2

Here are a few more pictures from our potty party yesterday!






This one is my favorite-don't they just look SO pleased with themselves???

Potty training continues to go well...so why are Jaxon and I so emotionally drained??? We were BOTH in melt-down mode when Dave got home last night...so he quickly excused me to go shopping, to get a pedicure, to the library, to get dinner, whatever I wanted. All I wanted was a bath and some peace and quiet...so I went upstairs!

This morning I didn't pump Jaxon full of liquids because we HAD to go to the gym for me to teach. I took him before kidsclub, and asked the gym ladies to take him every 15 minutes (They are really wonderful!!) but right before I got back (like 2 minutes before) he had a little accident. I was prepared with new clothes so no problem. We went to the ranch market, tried using the bathroom 4 times, but each time, "Oh. I just can't do it right now."

Anyway...he went several times after that successfully in different toilets, and even told me during swim lessons when he needed to go, and got to go on the "pee tree" twice! Boy was that exciting!
After we got home he said he needed to go so he stripped down and plopped down on his potty chair. He didn't hop right off as usual, so I just made his lunch. He still hadn't gone so I told him to get his unders on for lunch. He said, "I CAN'T! I'm NOT done yet!" So I pulled his play table over and he ate lunch while sitting on the potty! While in the kitchen cleaning I heard his chair start to play music and went to tell him good job, when what did I find?? It was NOT URINE! Hurray! Stinkers in the potty is a BIG deal, and he was really excited! I cleaned out the chair, and told him to get his unders, but he said he wasn't done. He sat right now, and did more! That happened one more time, and boy was he pleased! Now that we have passed that milestone, we are going to Chucky Cheese with all his cousins this Saturday!!
I AM SO EXCITED!!! Hopefully this means WAAAAAAAY less stinky diapers to change on my horizon!

10 comments:

ThePalmers said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He sure is a fast learner! I am laughing at Oakley's tummy in the pictures. He sure did drink a LOT of juice!

Brit said...

hooray!

Emily Ferrell said...

I am so glad that I won't have to change any more stinky diapers when I babysit him. Good job Jaxon.

Jen and Bryan said...

what a wonderful thing!!! YEAH JAXON! And those pictures are great blackmail later on. Question: How do you get the updates on the friends list on your blog of when people have updated their blog? I want it.

The Ferrells said...

Love, love, love the pictures!!

AnnaMarie said...

Way to go, Jaxon. So how do I make Katie have a potty party by herself?

Sarah said...

That's so awesome!
Mastering potty skills is a very big deal.
Way to go, Jaxon!!!
And great job, Ash!
It's super draining to be constantly asking and checking for dryness. I even had a timer to have Katya go sit on the potty every 20-30 min or so. It's exhausting.
And yeah, you definitely deserve a pedi.

Stevens said...

Wow, I hope I can potty train Heidi that fast! Maybe I need to wait till both of us are ready. Great job at making it fun for him!

AnnaMarie said...

And in answer to your question on my blog, Jane will come at the end of September. Due the 26th. Yay.

Marie said...

Hooray for you! Jax too!