Um...yuck...and see-ya later meat, I'll miss you!

So, potty training continues to go well....with one little snag. After his first day doing "stinkers" on the potty TWICE, Jaxon has decided against that same plan of action. We have now had 2 stinky-undies situations, and I am DYING! It is SO GROSS! Way worse than diapers. I have heard this can be a problem...any suggestions? The best I've heard thus far, is to have him tell me when he needs to go #2 and put him in a diaper. That way he is still in tune with his body, but doesn't need to be scared to go on the potty. (Why is that scary by the way????) HELP ANYONE?

Also, I'm sad/happy/excited/bummed to admit, I've jumped on the "meatless" or "vegitarian" bandwagon. I've known for a looooooooong time (through my wonderful sis and sis-in-law) that there are plenty of health benefits, but I REALLY LOVE MEAT! I am a carnivore! Well, I just read the new fertility study from Harvard (The most comprehensive fertility study to date) and meat is BAD BAD for fertility. So is caffeine (no brainer there...) which I have also given up and am trying to talk Dave into doing the same. Another fetility offender is low-fat and non-fat dairy! CRAZY HUH? I guess removing the fats drastically changes the hormonal make- up and it becomes crazy hight in male hormones. Also, the stuff they put back in to make it still taste creamy and yummy is very bad for fertility.
Good for fertility?--- Vegetable proteins, and FULL FAT DAIRY ! (yes, 2 servings of full fat dairy a day. Best dairy- Full fat Milk! #2- 1/2 cup scoop of full fat ice cream!)

Here's the link if you want to read the 9 page study results for yourself!

5 comments:

Jen and Bryan said...

crazy! (about meat) Hopefully it speeds things up. As for the pooping, Carter did the same thing. He would wait until I had a pull up on him for sleeping and then go. Little Stinker. I tried everything! Treats if he went in the potty, a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese if he went for 5 days, "Listen to that super cool plop sound!", all kinds of things. It just took him going on his own. I don't personally agree wit hthe diaper thing, but that's TOTALLY just me. I also had Carter's favorite stuffed animal make poop in the toilet (tootsie rolls) and we made a HUGE dael about it when Puppy was SUCH A BIG BOY, bla bla bla. Good luck. Potty training SUCKS!

Trish said...

Hmm...interesting article. Must point out that they admit that a long term diet of whole milk and dairy products is not good for the body. I can't have milk products anyways without my body hating me. But also, you should know there are several herbal remedies for fertility available. I was taking some astralagus, stinging nettle, and dandelion before I got pregnant. I also had maca powder, but I found out I was pregnant before I started taking that. And then afterwards it didn't taste too good.
You know what is funny- and this happened with me and Jackie Ferrell Isom- when we both got in shape and changed our diets, then we got pregnant! Well, hope that helps you! And good luck!

Trish said...

Oh, and if you need any help with meatless dishes, I have some ideas on my cooking blog. Feel free to steal away, although I'm sure Amber has you covered.
Also, if you want to not miss meat so much, go and see the movie, Food, Inc. Then you won't.
Cheers!

Cicily said...

Let Jaxon go without any underwear or diaper and then he will at least hold it until he gets on the potty. I've heard this works well, naked buns.

Roger and Stephnie said...

Good luck with your diet changes! I'm interested to hear how it turns out for you! I'm not quite to that point myself, I'm just trying to cut out sugar. If I ever get that mastered, then I'll think about cutting out the other stuff.