I'm SO EXCITED...and I just CAN'T hide it!!!"

Okay, so I haven't blogged much about this, because, well...I'm overly cautious, "somewhat" anxious, and hate to eat my words later. BUT! In the last couple months I have been working with the City Of Mesa Visitor's Bureau, doing some shooting around Mesa for possible use in some of their publications. ("Possible" is why I didn't blog too much about it... I would have been devasted to have talked about it, then not have any of my shots used!)
I was SO CRAZY EXCITED to be asked to do this, but also SO CRAZY NERVOUS. We shot at various locations around Mesa, in various lighting conditions, and with some models...so it really stretched me out of my comfort zone....I mean...REALLY! (also in some CRAZY heat...but that comes with the territory!)

Anyway, last night I had my last shoot with my City of Mesa Rep., who quickly also became a good friend, and she mentioned that one of my pictures is being used on the COVER (HURRAY!) of Mesa's Brochure called Mesa Map and Guide!! Mine is the picture of the store fronts at Dana Park Ranch. (The first inset picture on the top) I also have one picture on the inside of "girl shopping" :o) which is also linked.
The Mesa Visitors Bureau Magazine for 2010 (which publishes over 100,000 copies!!) will be wrapping up soon, and I also found out I am in the running for a cover shot there too! I don't mind telling, because I don't mind if I don't get it! I know I have at least a few pictures in the magazine as well...and hopefully at least a few more with last night's shoot! The best part, my name will be credited under any of my pictures used...HURRAY!!! I'M GOING TO BE PUBLISHED! So...no bursting my bubble...I know it's not much, BUT IT'S SO MUCH TO ME!!!


10 comments:

ThePalmers said...

Way to go Sis! You are such a great photographer! But who's surprised? -- You are so good at EVERYTHING! Love you

fish said...

congrats! that is awesome! you have every reason to be excited and proud!

onehm said...

That's awesome Ashley! Congrats.

Tyler said...

Way to go! Best photos I have seen of the city of Mesa in a brochure ever!

Emily Ferrell said...

That is so great Ash! We are so proud of you.

AnnaMarie said...

Wow, you are such a celebrity! I am so glad that you're getting to do cool stuff like this! You are seriously talented. Congrats!

Marie said...

Sooooo awesome. Congrats!!!!!

Trish said...

So exciting! Congrats to you!

Roger and Stephnie said...

Wow! That is incredible. You are amazing--congrats!

Brit said...

so cool, you are so famous!