The countdown is on...

5 days until Jaxon and I leave for our epic adventure in Yellowstone! AHHHH! (I mean that "Ahhhh" in a good way too....) I am excited, nervous, and well...nervous.

Things I am looking forward to-
~Spending time with dear family!!!! (Really, this out-weighs all other pros and cons and is the reason Jax and I are braving this trip without the Mr.)
~Cooler daytime weather
~Interesting sites and adventures

Things I am NOT looking forward to-
~The 11 hour drive to Utah, then the 7 hour drive to Yellowstone
~The FREEZING nighttime temperatures
~Sleeping in a tent with Jaxon
~Sleeping in a sleeping bag..quite possibly with Jaxon
~Sleeping outside. period.
~Wild animals sniffing around our tent at night. I think this is my biggest fear. Has anyone read Hatchet? (Great read if you haven't) but there's a part where a bear, having smelled Brian's food that he had cooked that night, comes skulking around camp. Brian startles it, and the bear swipes him right out of his shelter and into the lake, luckily not killing him. I DO NOT WANT TO BE SWIPED BY A BEAR....IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR????

7 comments:

The Ferrells said...

How about a visit from a skunk? Or a racoon or a squirell? Jaxon has to attract some kind of out of the ordinary adventure!!

ThePalmers said...

Some of our girls at camp petted (is that correct?) a skunk. I do not know what they were thinking. I would advise against it.

AnnaMarie said...

Uh. Mom is not helping. Nor is Amber. I'm sure you'll have adventures, possibly involving Jaxon falling in a lake. But as long as you don't have snacks in your tent, bears won't bother you. Good luck! It'll be so much fun, and Jaxon will have a BLAST!

Dora said...

You guys will be fine and have a great trip. Yellowstone is our family's favorite place to vacation and we go there every year. It will be exciting for Jaxon to see the wild life and beautiful scenery. I wish we could come and be your personal tour guide! Have fun!

Sarah said...

Ah yes... being in the outdoors with fam will be very nice...
But the bears!!!
I try not to think about it.
Plus I've read up on what to do during an encounter.
Plus I'm probably going to sleep armed, so there we go.
Let's think happy thoughts and just focus on the natural beauties we will see and the fact that we'll be with family.

Valerie: said...

Hope the camping trip goes well. I am sure you wont get eaten by a bear! HA

Lizzie said...

So I kinda blogged about the aqua stripper. I am going to add you to my links, now that I found you again.

I'll think of you freezing in your sleeping bag when I am sweating in mine!