Somedays you just can't win!

Tonight as Dave and I were driving home from our Date (Temple and Harry Potter Movie) I was making out the check to our babysitter. After it was all made out, we noticed that it was on a check from an account that doesn't even EXIST anymore! AHHHH...I was really worried that I might have written other checks out of it. We were talking about how embarassing that would be when she tried to cash it and it bounced...YIKES!
So I made out a check from our real account (PS-I DO usually pay babysitters in cash...when I was young I HATED getting checks...but it's all we had) and gave it to her as I was driving her home. She said uncomfortable... "Ummmm...Sister Rogers...about these checks..." OH CRAP! I KNEW IT! I HAD WRITTEN HER A BAD CHECK! I WAS DYING!!!
Then she finished.... "I have one from you that I can't cash...because somehow you made it out for '10 Minutes' instead of '10 dollars' "
YES! Not only is that FUNNY....it's exponentially less embarrassing than having given her a bad check!

7 comments:

Brit said...

wow that is pretty funny, 10 minutes huh?

Trish said...

Thanks for the laugh! That is totally hilarious!

AnnaMarie said...

That sounds like something I'd do. :) Funny.

fish said...

i wish i could make checks out for quantities of time...cause i got a heck of a lot more time on my hands than money.

Dust said...

Ashley, I'm not surprised. I'm sure you're losing your mind (Dave's hard to live with...I KNOW) :)

Thanks for the laugh!!

michelle said...

You can get a babysitter for 10 bucks?

I'm jealous. And I wish I had YW in our ward.

Sarah said...

That's awesome!!!
Seriously cool story.
You always make me laugh.
Love you.