Happy Mother's Day to Me!

It is shaping up to be quite the day, all thanks to my best friend Dave! Before I get into his Mother's Day kindness, let me just say that last Tuesday he got me a dozen Gerber Daisys to wish me good luck on Launch at the gym and also my first photography advertising booth I would be setting up. They were pink and GORGEOUS, (and my favorite flower) and danged if they aren't the most resilliant things ever! It is now almost two weeks later, and I still have one flower going strong. They all lasted over a week, and then slowely one by one the heads would drop. When that happened I would just pull that flower out, so I have been enjoying my arrangement ever since!
Yesterday Dave and Jaxon went to Costco, where Dave said they picked up a little surprise treat for me instead of flowers, since my others were still living. He said he was trying to make Jaxon understand NOT to mention anything before he put him down for his nap. (Anyone knowing Jaxon, knows that he repeats EVERYTHING he hears) so When I went in to get him from his nap the first thing he said, "We got strawberries! With Chocolate! For YOU!"
HURRAY! My favorite treat EVER! So, no need to wait, we got out the most beautiful choc. covered strawberries you ever saw in your life, and each had one. We continued to enjoy them throughout the evening, and finished them for lunch today.
Then this morning Dave told me he had Bishopric at 7am. I was a little miffed at the Bishop, because it seems like Mother's day would be a good day to cancel! Anyway, at right around 7 when Dave was supposed to leave, I got Jaxon up and we started down the stairs. Jaxon said,
"Yum! Smell's like Daddy's cooking somepin!"
(I sniffed, and it did indeed...I honestly thought he had made himself scrambled eggs before his meeting) Then Jaxon said,
"Smells Pancake-y!"
Dave laughed because that's exactly what it was. Dave's meeting didn't actually start until 8 (thank you Bishop!) and he had come down and made Chocolate Chip Buttermilk Pancakes! WHAT A GUY!! We enjoyed a delicious breakfast together. After Church we finished the strawberries, and I ate lunch while Dave cut ALL the fruit for our portion of family dinner tonight. He then sent me upstairs for my Mother's Day nap! ( Also get to get myself a massage at the gym!)
Man I love Dave. He is such an honest-to-goodness, GOOD man. He is completely honest, kind, soft spoken, a good listener, he respects me and the struggles I go through as a mom and home maker, and he NEVER raises his voice or says anything to me in anger. I am such a lucky wife and mother, today, and EVERYDAY!~

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Dave totally rocks.
You just can't beat chocolate covered strawberries.
Sounds like your weekend was a hit.

Happy Mother's Day!

The Ferrells said...

You chose your guy well--Dave is a gem and such a great addition to our family. Give Jaxon a big hug for not telling a moment too soon!