Enjoying until...

I have to admit, while I do miss my boys, I have been thoroughly enjoying this time to myself to work, run around, and not worry about being anywhere or doing anything other than what I (emphasis on the "I"!!!) need. Well...that is until I talked to my guys on the phone tonight. I told Dave to have Jaxon call me so we could sing his favorite bedtime song together, and Jaxon started sobbing. He demanded to that I come right then to sing it with him in person, not on the phone. He said he wanted to leave "Las "Begas" and come home to mommy. The most heart wrenching-
(said through sobs)
"This is NOT GOOD! I want mommy right now! Not on the airplane tomorrow! I want her here with me!"
Oh dear, now I am a little sad, and missing my boys for real. Alas, I will have to wait until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Momma Malia said...

man! that's tugging at MY heart strings! I was gone all day tues thru thurs and was feeling said, but i still got to see brailyn at night. at least you're with them now. and sometimes it is good do be able to just be ashley and not mom, although we can't truly ever not be mom. it's in our blood. have fun and we're excited to see you next week!

Sarah said...

Oh, that is so sad.
Poor little boy.

But it's nice to be loved and needed. And appreciated.
Just so you know, we love, need, and appreciate you too.

And you know, it's nice to get away from mom-duties so that you can be missed and appreciated even more.
I know I love and appreciate my kids more when I get breaks.
Love you, Ash.
Travel safely.