Seriously?

Today something funny happened. Dave and I took Jaxon for a quick haircut before Nedra's reception. (the reception-SO BEAUTIFUL by the way!)
A young girl (probably 20...) took us to her station and then says to me, " I LOVE your eyes! They look just like Edwards in Twilight-you know, the beautiful golden brown."
I was totally taken back! Believe me, NOBODY ever even notices my eyes if I am with Dave (Mr. Beautiful Blue Eyes) or Jaxon with his bright green. So I said, "Oh, uh, thank you! They're nothing compared to these two..."
So the girl stops, and first looks carefully and Jaxon's eyes and says "Yes, pretty and green." Then and Dave's and says, "Blue, very nice." Then back and me, "No, I love yours the best. They're really beautiful..."
Anyway, the conversation changed after that and I forgot all about it, but after got in the parking lot, Dave said something like, "JEEZ! What a flirt! I thought she was just going to fling herself right into your arms and ask you to come home with her!"
Oh Dave! He just doesn't understand the depth of the love that some of us have for Edward Cullen!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

Mmmmm! Edward Cullen!! Yeah, all my guy friends don't understand that attraction. But, oh baby!! *swoon*

AnnaMarie said...

That's so funny! Dave was jealous of the haircutting girl. :)

Brit said...

That's funny. But I gotto say I almost like brown eyes the best. I never did groing up, I always thought I had boring eyes. But Belle's eyes are almost black and I love looking at her face with those big brown eyes. It might have something to do with motherly love too, but they at least just as striking if not more than Qiana's beatiful blue eyes!

Trish said...

Yeah I agree with her, your eyes are very pretty!

Rachel said...

Not a Twilight fan...Don't hate!!! Your eyes are hot. Want to come home with me...:) J/K! Hey I joined the bloggin world! Yipee.

Sarah said...

Seriously, your eyes are absolutely gorgeous. So big, one can just drown in them.
And yet, Dave and Jaxon have to die for eyes, too.
You guys have seriously lucked out in the gorgeous eyes dept; pretty much covering the bases of eye color.
And it just so happens that fictional heartthrobs bring attention to your gorgeousness.
Whoa, speaking of fictional heartthrobs... it just occurred to me that Jaxon has Harry Potter's coloring.
Dang.
What a little hottie.
Relax Dave, I'm not hitting on your son. Though I wouldn't mind taking him home with us for a long playdate with my kiddos.
We miss you guys.
And your eyes.

Momma Malia said...

hah! i just started reading twilight again and i have to say, it's nice that i'm not the only (married)one who feels this way about edward!