Pie Day!

Jaxon seems to have switched his obsession with Backyardigans back to an obsession with Cailloo. Dave REALLY wishes he would switch back, but I don't know why! This morning Cailloo's dad made apple pie, and Dave said, "YUmmm, I sure wish I had some apple pie!" Believe me, he did NOT say that with any idea that I might actually make one. I tried making him some pies for his December birthday...and disaster doesn't even begin to cover it...
I have never made pies, I don't like pies, and I vowed to Dave's mom over Christmas break that I would never make another pie as long as I live. It was a lie. I decided to make Dave his beloved apple pie- and I have to say- it was a RAGING SUCCESS!! I was mostly just scared of the crust, and it looked okay, and tasted GREAT! As an added bonus, I convinced my two sisters in law to come over, let the kids play, and make a pie of their own! Jaxon went to sleep an hour late last night, and didn't sleep during his nap today (he seems to talk through about everyone other one...I think this is a dreaded sign of 'dropping the nap' ARGGGG!!!) and was, well, cranky would be the understatement of the century, but it will have to do! Dispite Jaxon's timeouts at least 75% of the time his cousins were over, we all had a great time, and have decided to try another culinary treat soon!

My First Apple Pie!!! (Kinda pretty huh?)




Jaxon mistakenly thought that if he tethered himself to the chair, I wouldn't make him move when I wanted to sit down!
My beautiful nieces- Peyton and Hailey



Emily and Katie (Aunt and Niece, not mother daughter!)
(AnnaMarie was the photographer, so she is not pictured!)




5 comments:

CJB said...

Nice job! That pie looks amazing! I don't think I could venture past store-bought so that is so impressive. Did Dave love it?

Marie said...

The pie looks fabulous! Hope it tasted just as good. Thanks again for the yummy b-day lunch!

Jason and Kate said...

When Wyatt gets much older you will have to teach me your pie skills. Jason would LOVE it if I ever made a pie in his lifetime. I told him...don't count on it!

Brit said...

i must say we are kindred spirits with the pie thing. not my cup of tea, yet kelseys favorite. Sounds fun tho doing it with sisters, I'd do it for that too.

Don and Amy Bennion said...

Ashley! It's Amy Petersen. I found your blog through Kelly and Lane's blog, and it's been fun to see what you and Dave are up to. It's been forever. Happy Birthday recently! How fun to have a surprise party, there is really nothing more fun.
Your apple pie looks delicious...I think I want to attempt one soon, apple pies are my absolute favorite.
I've been reading some of the adventures of your parents in China too. Holy cow. So funny, I cracked up so many times reading the posts.
Have a great time visiting them soon!

Amy