Another conversation


I may be the only one that finds the things Jaxon says hilarious- but that's okay, because I am blogging this for my own personal records as well as general reading enjoyment of others.
Jaxon: I don't want to go to Sonic! I want to go home and eat a Hot Pocket!
Mom: Should I just leave you on the side of the road?
Jaxon: Yes! Leave me, Leave me!
M: But what is someone took you and I never got to see you again? I would be so sad I would cry forever!
J: What man mom? What man would take me?
M: A wicked man, who would steal you away. (Wicked is one of his new favorite words!)
J: Umm...Laman and Lemuel?
M: Kind of like Laman and Lemuel...
J: Umm...Mom...don't worry...they'll just stay in the video!
So, the moral of this story is- the living scripture videos really are awesome (at least the 3 that we inherited are great, but we can't afford any more!) but I guess I need to do a better job explaining that the videos actually come from the scriptures which came from real life...Ooops...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, that's so awesome.
Jaxon'll learn about the actual scriptures at some point. But for now, he's got the Living Scriptures to teach him the stories.
Love those vids.
Don't know why Matt thinks they're blasphemous.

"...Pour the wine, and fill it up. Drink it out of Lehi's cup..."

You know, come to think of it, Matt quotes from the vids often enough that I think he's just teasing.
Yup, must be it.
Good times.

Brit said...

so cute! I enjoy all the conversations between Jaxon and you!

Unknown said...

Ashley, Have you tried the liken the scriptures dvd's? my kids like them way better than the living scriptures. you can get them at deseret book.

Trish said...

Ha ha, kids say the darndest things! By the way I love your blog layout! It rocks!