Holy Surprise Party!!!!

WOW! Saturday night I got a fantastic surprise! A secret party planned by my sister! My sis, my sis-in-laws and I were supposed to go out to dinner and then to a "fun secret activity." My sister had earlier in the week let slip that I needed to dress warm because we would be outside, and that we were going to Shneff Farms. We had a fantastic time at dinner, and Amber showed me the print off from the computer about the Chocolate Fondue tasting we were going to go to at the Farms. It was beautiful, and had all information plus a whole bunch of internet-y type stuff on it- AND SHE MADE IT HERSELF!!! (She is going to scan a copy for me to put on the blog, so you can see it- it's unbelieveable!!!) One of my SIL's forgot a jacket, and I suggested we swing by my house to borrow one of mine since it was on the way (That was one of their plans- to get ME to suggest going back by my house so it would seem even less contrived!) When we got to my house, a friend of mine was standing at the door with a present in her hand, and Amber thought for sure they were doomed. Ro played if off, saying she had stopped by to bring me a birthday present but no one was home. At that point I got worried becuase I didn't have a key, and we were supposed to be hurrying to the fondue tasteing! I tried the door and found it open, but the house was dark- off course at that point the lights went on and everyone yelled SURPRISE!! Well, needless-to-say, I was surprised, and I burst into to tears...not the usual response to a surprise party, but it was just so nice and thoughtful, and seeing all those friendly, but unexpected faces was a little overwhelming...in a good way!

The rest of the night I was a little out of my element, which is not normal for me. My hands were shaking and my heart was pounding, but honestly, it was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me. There was pizza, veggies and dip, soda, punch, a GORGEOUS cake, and a chocolate fountain with ALL the dippers you could imagine! The theme was black and white, and Amber had scanned pictures of me from all different stages in my life (some much scarier than others!) and put them up around the house along with banners and signs!


THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!! to everyone that helped or came, it was seriously so special! Special thanks to Amber, the world's greatest sister, for all the planning and hard work that went into it, Lauryn for making a beautiful e-vite that I just saw today, Nedra, Matt, Christi, and Mom and Dad Rogers (who drove down from Vegas just for the party) for the putting everything together and making it pretty, and the bunco girls who drove WAAAAAAY across town to come! And of course I can't forget Dave, who did a thousand little things to get the house ready so (in his words) "I wouldn't be embarrassed to have people there." I am seriously such a lucky girl (that's right, I'm 30 and still a GIRL!) what a blessing to have kind, good, fun people around me, I really couldn't ask for more!


At dinner-


At the party-


Friends that I've known forever--


Bunco friends-(who interestingly enough, I found out at our last get together, are almost all my height or shorter, I KNEW I liked these girls!)



Gym friends-

Family -The best friends of all! (Somehow I missed Tyler and AnnaMarie...sorry guys!)



I also somehow missed Lauryn and Garrett (who I SWEAR I took a picture with??) and few others who snuck out- THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!!!

here we are at lunch-


And I was having such a good time at dinner with Dave and Nedra and Matt, I forgot to take pictures!

Really, I could not have had a better 30th. I really think it is one of the hugest blessings in my life to be surrounded by so many amazing people. To know people who love life, laugh a lot, accept you with your faults, and forgive your stupidity on a regular basis- what more can you ask for?

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, what a great surprise!!!
They really went all out to keep you in the dark.
Sounds like you had a super fun time.
Wish we could've been there.
Love you tons, Ash.
And Happy Birthday!!!

Oh, and by the way, I simply love your pic up top. And I love how it's black & white with you guys in color.
So fancy and classy and fabulous.

Brit said...

Looks like it was fun! Kelsey planned a surprise party for me last year and when I saw everyone it too brought me to tears or on the verge I cant quite remember, and then again when they sang to me. I think it was a little overwhelming the surprise of it all ans being put in the spot light and then also seeing all the people who liked me enough to come to a party for me. But I like to blame it all on the fact that I was pregnant at the time so my hormones were wacky anyway. But really I am just a ball baby type of girl I guess. I wanted to come to yours but we had just barely gotten back in town and the girlys were kinda crabby. Happy birthday!

michelle said...

I love surprise parties but would freak out if I was the birthday girl. You look like you had such a great time ( I just don't handle surprises too well).

Plus, it's even more special because it was the big 3-0.

Brandis said...

What a cool surprise! I'm glad you had a great birthday!! :)

Marie said...

I thought we were friends. Please, please, please take the horrible pictures of me off your blog. Much thanks. I won't be speaking to you until they're gone - I'm serious!!!

The Ferrells said...

Dear Ashley,
The pictures are so fun and I even see my bamboo is still alive and looks quite well. Yea!! You're halfway there. (keeping it alive while I'm gone) See you soon--

Kellie said...

Hey Sister Rogers! I hope you had a fantastic B-day! I so wish I could've come but I'm gonna guess it was an 'adult party' by the looks of your pictures. Thats ok! I really wish I could have seen your face when you walked in! Kodak moment! See you later!

Kimmy said...

Awesome!! I'm so glad that you had an awesome 30th. You're such a wonderful, loving, caring, funny (and I could go on and on) girl that I'm not at all surprised that you had such a rockin' surprise party! I love you so much and wish we could have been there!

AnnaMarie said...

That was fun. Amber did an awesome job. We love you! And it's ok that Tyler & I aren't on there. I was feeling extremely chubby from the diversion dinner plus the chocolate fountain and yummy pizza. :)

AnnaMarie said...

And yes, that is funny that I'm holding your jacket in the picture! I thought about that as we were taking the picture.