Happy Birthday to ME!


I'm 30, and it rocks! I have had a fantastic birthday, and the fun is not even over! This morning I got to sleep in (well, relatively...7 is sleeping in when you have a toddler) then I took a hot bath while Dave got breakfast for Jaxon. Marie took me to a delicious breakfast at IHOP, where the conversation was as good (or better!) than the delicious breakfast!
I came home and rested a little and then Jaxon and Dave took me to lunch at Crackers-my choice and my favorite! The highlight of our lunch was before our food came-

Jaxon (yelling at a waitress): Hey lady!...HEY LADY!!-BRING ME SOME FRENCH FRIES!!!
Me and Dave: Jaxon that's rude, our french fries are cooking right now and will out in a minute!
Jaxon: Well, just tell them to just put them in the microwave!

While Jaxon napped I got to spend time with Dave, do a little reading, and get ready for our dinner/double date with Matt and Nedra. They took us to a DELICIOUS restaurant called Brio- I had never been there, but you better believe the next special occasion we have- we will go back! It was delicious! Nedra and Matt are as good of company as it gets, so the evening flew by with lots of laughter. We were going to go Mini-golfing but the freezing air helped us decide to go back to Nedra's and play games instead. (Dave and I lost spectacularly in three games of Sequence, but it didn't put too much of a damper on the night...)

29 was a pretty crappy birthday (and I can't for the life of me remember why...?) but 30 has been wonderful! I have loved the emails and birthday calls, and I am feeling very loved, and not a bit sad to see the 20's go. I think I can honestly say that 29 was the best year of my life so far, and I see no reason why it shouldn't continue onto 30! BUT WAIT! It's not over!
Tomorrow night my sister planned to take me to dinner and an activity, and by some stroke of luck, ALL of my sister in laws are also in town! So we are are all going out to dinner and then somewhere fun that I am not allowed to know yet! It's such a treat to be able to go out with all the girls, and I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful sister/best friend to plan it!

6 comments:

The Ferrells said...

Happy birthday from China!! Your new blog heading and picture is so cute. Have a great day and wonderful year--Mom

The Hoopers said...

Happy birthday! Glad your 30th was an awesome b-day!!!

michelle said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!!!
The big 3-0.
I'm glad you had a super awesome day.
Love you tons!

The Gentry's said...

Happy Birthday, so glad it was a good one!!

Flaherty Fam said...

Happy Birthday! My mom always said her 30's were her best years, so I have always kind of looked forward to it. Sounds like your special day was lots of fun!