Ummm, this is a joke, Right?

Okay, there is-
1. A person on a power trip
and then there is-
2. A person so over-the-top drunk with a painfully false sense of importance that all sanity flies out the window....
I had an encounter yesterday, and it was with Kristin, such an over-the-top, drunk on non-existant power, asinine (that's not a bad word is it?) IMBICILE that she could not even see how flambouyantly ludicrous she was being! (nice use of vocab huh? I promised myself that I would do my best to imortalize her in all of her terrible glory!)

Here is the story, bear with me, because I HAVE A LOT TO SAY ABOUT THIS NONSENSE! Okay, all photographers know that a very pretty place to shoot is The Pecans- A neighborhood (I use the word "neighborhood" loosely since there are about 3 total homes built) surrounded by a grove of beautiful pecan trees. Well lately, they have been getting very crabby with photographers. Well, the crabbiness turned into spite, and they posted GIANT UGLY SIGNS all over their previously beautiful grounds that say " NO PHOTOGRAPHY!!!" Let's be serious, that didn't stop any photographers from shooting there, but we did feel a lot less welcome, and a lot more frustration towards this place. If any of the 3 homeowners saw you with a camera, they would come out and give you what for...again, that didn't really stop any photogs. Here is my first problem with this- The economy sucks! Lots are not selling...ANYWHERE! But if everyone knows The Pecans is the prettiest place to shoot photography, then when the market picks up they will also know that the Pecans is the prettiest place to LIVE! FREE PUBLICITY!!! But all the signs and crotchety neighbors...not exactly an inviting place to call home. Well, I went there last night to shoot, and knew we were probably in for a fight, but I was up for the challenge (I even consulted my lawyer brother on whether or not it would be legal for someone to kick me out as long as the gates were open)Well, we didn't get that far.
BUT READ THIS- (it is very important to this most rediculous part of the story!) I was going to shoot the pseudo-daughter of a LOT OWNER! That's right, for all intents and purposes this girl's father OWNS A LOT IN THE PECANS! So, I pull up right before the people I'm shooting, and the gates have been closed! That's right, they would rather keep photographers out, than let prospective buyers in (genius...) and now you have to have a gate clicker to get in! So, a very puffed up, poofy haired women was in an SUV out front, and when I stopped to wait for the couple I was shoot, she rolled down her window and looked at me very angrily, waiting for me to roll down mine. I nicely rolled down my window and asked,
"Do you know if anyone is still in the office?" I was going to VERY POLITELY explain to someone in the office that I was with a lot-owner and we were going to shoot ONLY ON THEIR PROPERTY! She said, (very snootily)
"THAT'S ME!"
So I explained the situation, and even had the lot number, and she said,
"NO THEY DON'T! I've been involved in every sale, that person does not own lot #4!"
"Yes they do ma'am, but she will be here shortly to talk to you!"
"NO THEY DON'T! THEY DON'T OWN LOT 4! THEY OWN LOT 29!!!"
(Ummmm, seriously, why are we arguing about the lot number you dingbat? THEY OWN A LOT, LET ME IN!!!!)
She says, "We are having a HUGE problem with photographers coming in here and taking pictures without checking with me first."
Me: "What exactly is the problem?"
Her: "They didn't call ahead of time, and ask permission, and clear it through me!"
Me: "Yes, so what exactly is the problem with that?"
Her: "The problem is THEY DON'T HAVE MY PERMISSION!"
Me: "Well, you are here now, and I am with a lot owner." (who just drove up)
So Daughter of lot owner walks up, and Mrs. Snooty-face says, "This would not have been a problem if you had called and made arrangements ahead of time, but you didn't, so you can't go in!"
Daughter: "We can't go in to our own lot?"
Her: "No! Not for photography! It has to be cleared through the office first!"
Daughter: "Who in the office do we clear it with?"
Her: "ME!"
daughter: "Well, I'm sorry we didn't call ahead, but since we are property owners, and we are asking you now, can we please go into our lot?"
Her: "NO! We can't have you going in without making arrangements first!"

At this point "daughter" gave up nicely. I have never wanted to punch someone more at any time that I wanted to punch this women. She wouldn't let at lot owner into the neighborhood, because of photography!?! I don't care if daughter wanted to go in and do a naked-headstand- belly dance! As long as it is on the privacy of her own property, its not for that dang lady to say!
Anyway, I honestly couldn't believe it! Fiance of said "daughter" and I voted two-to-one to go back and beat that lady up and skip pictures all together, but daughter put her foot down...(guess we know who wears the pants in that relationship!!)
I haven't decided what I am going to do yet. It is probably going to involve a nasty letter that won't make a lick of difference, but it will MAKE ME FEEL BETTER! (Just not as good as punching that lady...which I haven't totally ruled out!)

6 comments:

Brandis said...

Holy crap they are so stupid!!! I can't believe she would be so rude to someone that she knows is a property owner!! I wonder if she has a boss that would be ticked at her for not letting a property owner into the neighborhood. What if you were a photographer who just happened to also be thinking about buying a lot in there?!? It's so beyond irritating that they're like that. I wonder what they would say if you did actually call first. I guess it's time to let the snooty people have their stinkin' mosquito infested vacant neighborhood to themselves and find a new pretty place to take pictures. They'll miss all the visitors to their stupid gorgeous pecan trees.

Brandis said...

Oooh, or you could start going out there every single day just to take a drive through the neighborhood. That would bug her. :)

Jen and Bryan said...

What a punk. I had a friend get permission from her and she STILL got kicked out. Great business sense. Did you find another place to go?

AnnaMarie said...

I, for one, feel that that post was a quality venting session.

Kimberly said...

go to the newspaper. you'll get in after that. and like you said...it's good for the neighborhood. geez..... you were very patient.. the father should have a hay day with that office.

Boyce said...

OK Ashley...YOU are hilarious. I love the way you write because I can hear your voice as I read and it makes me chuckle. I'm glad you didn't beat anybody up. It sounds ridiculous but makes a hilarious story just the same!