O.M.GOSH!!! WE DID IT!!!

Today was the day people! We sent Paci ("Pah-kee") to HEAVEN! It has been high time for a LOOOONG time that we get rid of Jaxon's Paci(s) he only uses them in bed, but they were tearing up his teeth like nobodys business! So about a month ago we told Jaxon we were going to send his pacies to heaven. Jaxon, taking after his mother and being a real thinker, thought about that for a minute and said,
"To Henny Faddur?"
"Well, sure!"
Then he thought for a little longer and said, "What Henny Faddur going to send ME?"
And so it began, Jaxon started planning what he wanted in return for his pacies, and he decided (all by himself) that he wanted a Backyardigans DVD, a robot, and a donut. (Yup, that right, a donut!) So today on the way home from my SWEET haircut (Thanks Rachel!) I picked up a DVD, a doggy robot, and a backyardigans plush toy of Jaxon's favorite character (Pablo) instead of a donut. I also bought a bunch of ballooons, and when I got home, we tied all the pacies on and took then to the park. (While Dave and Jaxon were getting in the car, I stuck his present from Heaven in the backyard so it would be waiting for him when we got back!) Jaxon was really excited, and actually seemed to understand that there were never coming back...I still had my doubts, but I was hopeful! Jaxon loved watching them float away, and LOVED his presents from heaven. Tonight when we put him to bed, he didn't say a word until we laid him down with only bumble and pablo. He said, "WAIT! I want paci back..." in a soft, sad voice. Both Dave and I cheerfully told his that is pacies were now and forever with Heavenly Father. Jaxon didn't say another word!!! IS IT REALLY THAT EASY? I'm thinking not, but for a start, it was pretty dang good! I will update how this is going come naptime tomorrow...or maybe very early tomorrow morning when he wakes up early and can't find paci to sooth him back to sleep...ahhhhh...






I have to say, it is good to say goodbye to paci, but it is sad too. I think I just let go of the last little bit of my baby. He is all boy now. I took this picture last night, just because I thought he was looking cute. I didn't realize it was his last night with an old and faithful friend...

8 comments:

ThePalmers said...

I want more haircut pictures!!!

Mom/dad said...

I'm crying clear over here in China. I'm glad I'm not home to endure the pain. He is so cute and looks like a little angel in striped long johns!! Mom

Brandis said...

Aw, I got a little teary on that last part. It really stinks to let them not be a baby anymore, even if it is exciting to see them grow up. That's a pretty cool trick though! :)
PS It looks like I'll probably be doing pics at the pecans tomorrow too so maybe we'll run into each other. :)

Momma Malia said...

great idea. hope it keeps going well. brailyn had a couple of hard nights and kept wanting to get her paci out of flopsy's tummy (we gave it to a build-a-bear). but it is nice to not have to worry about it anymore. and his teeth will thank you!

AnnaMarie said...

Way to go, and good luck! It has to be done, even if it's hard.

The Hoopers said...

So sweet and clever. I love his reasoning. I want a picture of the hair cut!

Kimberly said...

What a great idea. You are so creative. I think your hair looks beautiful. Isn't it great to get a cut and a style. I always get my hair straigtened after my cut. That's the clue that I just got a cut and color if you see my hair straight. Brad prefers my hair curly too!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

Ah the passing of the paci (or as I called it, my "wassawire". I had a similar attachment to mine, only my parents weren't quite as creative as you were. What a great idea!