Oh dave!

My sweet Dave. Yesterday when I came home, he immediately told me he liked my haircut. (smart man)
Then, I don't know exactly how it came up, but-
he said, "I don't really like bangs"
(I just had some cut at my haircut!)
I said, "HOW COME YOU DIDN'T TELL ME BEFORE I HAD THEM CUT???"
"I didn't know until now" (which means he doesn't like MY bangs...nice...)
Ahh well...
then he says, "I thought you were getting your hair CUT!!"
"I did get my hair cut."
"But I thought you meant short. I like it better short."
"What? YOU HAVE NEVER TOLD ME THIS!"
"Yes I have!"
"You never say anything. You have only told me a couple times you liked the way my hair looked, and both were when it was very long, so I assumed you liked long better!'
"No... I like it short the best...And I like it better curly."
(I did know this... but I prefer my hair straight)
So, at the moment I had LONG, STRAIGHT HAIR, WITH BANGS...and apparently Dave likes Short, curly hair, without bangs...super...good to know...
Anyway, so tonight I washed my hair for the first time since the cut and found something VERY interesting...the way it is layered makes it VERY CURLY!
Dave saw it and now says with TOTAL SINCERITY- " I LOVE YOUR NEW HAIRCUT!"
Let me add for the record- I LOVE MY NEW BANGS, and my new haircut! And to be honest, Dave honestly really couldn't care less if I was wearing snorkle gear, an evening gown, or a snow suit....or it my hair was long, short, shaved, or all gray! It's just not how he sees me, which really is such a blessing, but the point is, I'm not too fussed about his like/dislike of my current hair status, he loves me all the same. I LOVE MY DO, and I LOVE YOU DAVE!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Such a GUY!! I thought your hair looked so pretty in that picture of you and Jaxon (previous post) but I can't really see your bangs... I need you to post a picture! :)

Kimberly said...

Where's the picture Ashley? Ha!

AnnaMarie said...

Hello, photographer! We want to see your do! (Oh, was that already said?)

molly said...

LOL too funny of a conversation, sounds like a guy! Your hair looks great! Can't wait to see it with the bangs :)

Sarah said...

That's awesome. I'm glad it has all worked out.
I think you look fabulous with and without bangs, curly or straight (though I don't think I've seen you curly), red/yellow/or blue.
You rock.
You're awesome.
Think about the red, k?
Love you.