Seriously? Who likes this?

I just got finished deep cleaning the guest bathroom...also on my to-do list today, sweep and mop the downstairs, clean up the loft, clean out my car, clean out the garage, rinse/dice/chop all the fruits and veggies I got at the Ranch Market, make homemade bread, and clean the baseboards...can you tell we have visitors coming? Back to the bathroom...right now I seriously look like a deranged crazy women. My face has gone from "glowing" to "glistening" to downright nasty sweaty! It has also gone from a nice tan, to pink, to frighteningly red! My hair, although pulled back AND in a headband, is growing exponentially and getting frizzier and fro-ier by the second! My eyes are also red because I think I may have made some sort of adverse chemical reaction by mixing some cleaners... I scrubbed, polished, washed, and wiped. I mopped the floor on my HANDS AND KNEES...but to be perfectly honest, we don't own a traditional mop, and our mopper/vac machine is too loud to use while Jaxon is sleeping next door. So back to my question, WHO LIKES THIS? Here's the thing that really gets me, no matter how great of a job I, you, or Mr. Clean do, IT WILL GET DIRTY AGAIN!!! ARRRGGGGGGG!!! I think that's why I liked teaching school in the upper grades. You teach them once, you review once or twice, and WAH-LAH! You don't ever really have to teach it again...review, maybe, but the hard work is done!
Well, now that my face and eyes are not so red, and Im not quite as sweaty...it's time to start another job!!
This is how I feel...

This is how I wish I looked...errr...I mean felt!

5 comments:

jckhadlocks said...

We could definately do a trade.. I did actually start small so I could see how it turned out.. Obviously love them! I'm going to be doing the master now.. but I guess that goes on my Project List. Anyway I know what you mean about cleaning. My face gets red, hair pulled back and a head band on so nothing will get in my face. Good to know I'm not alone. If you need any help cleaning I'm just a street away!

Colburns said...

I totally agree that is one of the things that gets neglected the most around here besides mopping I hate them both equally. I am not sure why it is so hard to clean the bathrooms we only have 3 but the shower I think is what does it everytime I can't find anything that will get that thing clean and I have tried strait bleach before! Goodluck with the visitors that is quite the to do list.

Anslea said...

Hey,
Its Anslea just reminding you about the pictures I told Brianna you were sending them so I will be forwarding them to her also Hahaha so just reminding you so we can figure out the Photoshop thing.
Thanks,
Anslea

Sarah said...

Ah yes, cleaning the house. The evilest of chores that never gets done.
There's always something more you can do.
And while you do it, the kids mess up all the other stuff. Good times.
But that does remind me of a Conf talk we just heard today about making the most of today, because someday (in the far distant future) our homes will be empty of messy children. And we'll miss it. That's in no way verbatim. Just the gist I got.
Anyway, good to remember we'll miss these crazy days. Someday.

On another note, I'm so excited that you'll be in CA the first week in Dec. We arrive Wed, the 3rd and are there until the 17th. Lemmie know what works for you as far as options of dates to get together. I know I have some reunions to attend during the first weekend, so call/email. K?
Love you.

Oh, and btw, we got more sick. Noah is still throwing up (this morning is the most recent) and I have an infection that 2 days of medication hasn't fixed yet. Super fun.

Kelly said...

Ashley, you are so funny! I love reading your posts. First of all when you are coming to Vegas exactly? I am going to be in Ca. for Christmas. We leave the day before Christmas Eve and come back Sunday. Also how did you do your background? I love the change and want to change mine, but I don't know how! :) My friend set my blog up from the beginning. But where did you get that fall background I want the exact same one! ;) if you don't care! :)