A Normal life?

I'm not sure I ever had a normal life, but any semblance of normalcy that may have existed is quickly slipping away! I feel like my life is on fast-forward and overload all at once...and the funny thing is, I'm not too stressed out about it, which is ABNORMAL for me! My house is a semi-disaster, and the light at the end of that tunnel does not look to appear until after Christmas. My car...well...there is no semi about it! My friend Rachel rode with me today, and all I could do was IMPLORE her NOT TO LOOK IN THE BACKSEAT!!!
Bless Dave's heart, he folded 6 loads of laundry tonight. Now, there are two ways to look at this- either I am a terrible wife for waiting to do laundry until there was enough for 6 (HUGE) loads, or Dave is a GREAT husband for folding it all in good humor...as for me, I'm a 'glass half full' kinda girl, so thanks for being GREAT Dave!
I'm afraid my posts are going to get further and farther between for the next couple months, but I did want to give a HUGE SHOUT OUT to AMBER and TRICIA for planning an awesome 2nd annual Ferrell Family Halloween Party on last minute notice. We had scary/gross out foods (Bloody fingers, spider web dip, toxic waste, tarantula fangs, grave yard cups, etc.) and fun games for the kids. We had pumpkin bowling, wrap the mummy, and my personal favorite, stick the wart on witches nose!

Jaxon and his buddies/cousins Jonathon and Oakley (Oakley's hair has been dyed for Halloween)


Wrap the mummy results- at first Oakley was too scared, but he did want in on the picture!


Mommy's littly Mummy

Stick the wart (Chewed green gum) on the witches nose, and yes, I did draw that sweet witch!!)


Pumpkin bowling quickly turned into "pumpkin Chucking"


Kalle caught some sweet air!


My food addition- spider web dip (like 7 layer...with less layers) and tarantula fang chips (not pictured)

Scary witches brew!


8 comments:

Emily Ferrell said...

Wow! It looks like so much fun. I wish we could have been there to participate in all the exciting activities. How come no one ever did this when we were living there?!

The Hoopers said...

How fun. I love the mummy picture. You made my day to know that I'm not the only my that is WAY behind in laundry!

Nedra Tietjen said...

Great Party Girls!! Thanks for inviting me. It was so fun to be with all the kids!...even you Dave.

AnnaMarie said...

I'm the most impressed with your witch drawing, Ashley! Sounds fun.

Courtney said...

How Fun! Those are SUCH cute ideas! I love the mummy's!

Stevens said...

Hey Ashley! Your little mummy is too cute! The dip you made looks amazing too! Thanks for always being a friend to all!
-Melissa Stevens

Lindsay Jones said...

looks like a fun time!! Can Dave come to my house? I could really use some help folding laundry.

Sarah said...

Whoa, what a party! Such fun activities. I so need to do some of that stuff.
Glad you guys had some good times.
Great pics as always, Ash.
And yes, you did an awesome job on the witch.