What a day...and night, and roses

Man, I am exhausted. I know I only have one kid, but it's just like exercise, THAT'S ALL I'M CONDITIONED FOR RIGHT NOW! Yesterday he ran a fever of 103 and cried all day. None-the-less we had to go to the post office, which is not much of a treat anyways, then add a sick toddler, oh man. Then last night I was woken up at 4 am exactly with a weak little, "mama? Mama? Mama?" Coming through the monitor. I went in and he was HOT HOT again and asking for water. We got him some water (dave did actually) and as soon as he drank it all he proceeded to start throwing up. Luckily it was just water since he hadn't eaten anything the day before. We changed his shirt, and immediately he threw up again. Third time was a charm, new shirt, and we put him back to bed. Im lucky he's a good sleeper becuase he went right back to sleep, but I was worried and listened for him for the next half hour. One bright spot? Dave knew it had been a hard day and brought me a dozen beautiful red roses. They are smiling at me from the kitchen table and when Jaxon whines and cries I sniff them and whisper, "Calgone, take me away!" Okay, I don't do that, but they remind me what a great guy Dave is!
On a funnier note, a few days ago when I peeked in on him right before I went to bed. He heard me and sat up, totally dazed and confused....he didn't even look at me, just groped blindly for his little bear. I said quietly, "Jaxon, lay down and I will cover you with your blanket." Jaxon proceeded to do what can best be described as down-ward dog (a yoga pose) where he was balancing on his feet and his head, in an triangle shape. I was cracking up, and stood there for about 10 seconds. I'm pretty sure he fell asleep that way, because all of a sudden he just toppled over to one side (guess it's hard to keep your balance when your sleeping) and was dead asleep, not to be woken up, even by his own crashing over.

3 comments:

AnnaMarie said...

That's a good analogy...not being conditioned for more children. I feel the same way.

And you don't know how good you have it until your kid is sick...I hope he gets better soon!

CJB said...

How was class on Saturday?
I just read your dad's post about Mr Ding and am howling!

jckhadlocks said...

Visiting teaching is on! Friday at Lauryn's 10:30 then Mitzi 11.. I'll call our other girl today. Talk to you later