Ahhhh, Bed time.


As I have said before, Jaxon really loves his bed, he loves to sleep, nap, and all things crib- related! We had two different babysitters this weekend, one for a date, and one for the temple. Both said that Jaxon is the easiest to put to bed of anyone they have ever babysat. So, a few nights ago, Jaxon had an early bath because he was FILTHY From playing outside. When he got out, it was still about 15 minutes till bedtime, but I didn't want him to go back downstairs and get all riled and involved in toys or a video. So, Dave went down and got some books, and we had "special reading time in Mom and Dad's bed" Jaxon thought that was pretty cool! (On the whole, we don't spend a lot of time in there as a family...) so at 7:30 I said, "Okay, it's bed time. You get to sleep with mom and dad tonight!" I was under the impression that this was every kids dream, and although I was just teasing, I wanted to see if he would get super excited. I turned off the overhead and bedside light and pulled the covers over the three of us. Jaxon started Bawling!!! I'm talking real tears! He was saying, "PEASE GO MY OWN CRIB! NO SLEEP WITH MOM AND DAD! NO LIKE DIS BED" PEASE GO MY OWN CRIB...PEASE!!!!" Seriously? Who is this kid? As soon as I turned on the bedside lamp and he could see, he shot out of our room so fast he was a blur. When we got into his room he was holding onto his crib for dear life! He could barely keep his head on my shoulder for a song because I think he was afraid I might try to take him back into our bed with him. What a kid.

8 comments:

Emily Ferrell said...

Boy that would be nice. Hailey starts telling me from the minute that she wakes up in the morning that she doesn't want to take a nap. And she decided that she wanted to wake up at 4 AM this morning and would not go back to sleep (luckily that is the first time that has happened.) She screamed her head off when I tried to make her go back to her bed so Peyton went and slept in my room (Ryan was out of town so he wasn't there) and I got to stay on Peyton's twin bed and didn't sleep one minute. Be grateful for this happy period of sleep. Who knows when he might change his mind.

Kimberly said...

Oh my...now all you have to worry about is how to get him out of the crib and into a big boy bed. :)

The Hoopers said...

So cute. Grant was like that. He would throw himself on the floor and scream "I want bedtime" if Ryan and I were running late getting him to bed.

Sarah said...

Aww, that's so precious. I love that Jaxon loves his crib.
Certainly rocks for you guys, you don't have to share your bed.
I'm sure Jaxon will eventually forget about your uh, threat.
Perhaps by the time he's ready for a big boy bed.
He's such a sweetie.
Love you guys.

BTW, Matt was wondering if you/Dave read his comment (fantasy football post).

Lindsay Jones said...

I am going to be totally honest, I am so envious and jealous!!! How did you ever do that?!! You are incredible!

Colburns said...

good for him that is the worst most unbrakeable habit to start! He is so smart I love it!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

That is hilarious. What a kid!

Flaherty Fam said...

That is so funny. Bradock is exactly the same way. In fact, the other day he walked into his room, climbed into his bed and went to sleep on his own. Are you a babywise mom? I think that has something to do with it or my child just really likes to sleep.