Chocolate Chip Party

Today was not Jaxon's best day. To sum it up I will tell you that he fell off a kitchen chair, onto his face, on the tile. He got two major fat lips and bled quite profusely. The fault of the fall lies equally between us, so I won't go into the details, but at least it wasn't on purpose. After the fall he was in pain and was a holy terror. I felt terrible for the kid, but was adamant that he pick up his blocks which he had been procrastinating for half the day. Nothing worked and he was practically hysterical, and I was at my whits end. Then I started feeling really bad, becuase I would be in no mood to pick up blocks if I had just smashed my face into the tile, mostly I would jsut want a little sympathy. So I told him he could have a "Chocolate Chip Party" with Daddy if he would pick up his blocks. I had no idea was a "Chocolate Chip Party" was, but since Jaxon perked up and started cleaning, I just made it up as we went along. I made Dave and Jaxon matching "party hats" and gave them each a bowl of Choc. chips. I also layed out the strawberries, so that I didn't feel like a totally terrible parent and pushover. Jax and Dave had a great time at their party, and we saved the hats for another melt down!




Can you tell that his bottom lip and upper right lip are totally swollen? Poor guy!

Dave's Genius idea of putting the chocolate chips INSIDE the strawberry! (and look at those blue eyes! Even blurry their beautiful!)

5 comments:

Emily Ferrell said...

Looks like so much fun. I hope Jaxon's lip gets better soon. He is so accident prone. Reminds me of myself. Hopefully he will make it through life without too much damage.

AnnaMarie said...

Good call on the party...poor Jaxon. And someday he'll read this blog and know you made it all up.

Kelly said...

You are the cutest mom in the world Ashley. I love that idea, simple, cute, and something he will remember! I am going to try it sometime! I admire you so much and have loved getting to know new things about you through your blog.

Nedra Tietjen said...

I love that you have a kid so we can get pictures of Dave in ridiculous get ups. I am going to hang on to this one for just the right moment. Like when he wants to be king of the world.

Elise said...

What a good mom! I need to take lessons from you-- I am running out of patience. Of course, that does have a lot to do with being way too pregnant... sigh. Anyway, your boys sure look cute! I wish you lived closer so you could take some pictures of my fam-- you're doing such a great job!