Home again...

There are too many good memories and fun times from the vacation to rehash much more in blog format, but being home from the vacation you look forward to for TWO YEARS is not so fun. Especially when your 2 year old misses their nap due to flying. I will leave with this hilarious and oh-so-sad anecdote-
Jaxon fell asleep on the way home from the airport and took a short nap when we got home. He was SO tired from missing his nap, and his week of fun in the sun with cousins, that when he woke up, he was honestly hysterical for the better part of 30 minutes. Anyway, we got him calmed down and went to the grocery store. All seemed to be going fairly well, until we drove back from the store and into view of our house- Jaxon starting screaming (I MEAN SCREAMING!!!) bloody-murder, hysterical sobs, giving orders like an army general, that went like this-
"NO GO TO THIS HOUSE!!!"
"DON'T GO IN THAT GARAGE!"
"DON'T GET OUT OF THIS CAR!"
"GET CAR OUT! GET CAR OUT OF THIS GARAGE!!!"
"DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR!!!"
"NO!! NO!! NO!! GO BACK! GO BACK TO VACATION HOUSE!!"
"I NOT LIKE THIS HOUSE!!! I NOT LIKE THIS HOUSE!!!"
"WANT MY UDDER (other) HOME-COUSINS VACATIONS HOME!!!!"

I knew of everyone involved, getting back to real life would be the hardest for the toddlers that just don't understand, but it really broke my heart. We had to call grandpa for an intervention...thank goodness for Grandpas! (REALLY- thank goodness for Grandpa AND Grandma who made this vacation possible, there's no place like with family.")
Oh yes, and when I say I won't rehash anymore...that is not to say that I won't be uploading cute pictures for the next long while!
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the vacation of a lifetime!


Jaxon watching our airplane before we boarded


"The Originals"


Thus far, my favorite shot of the whole week!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I LOVE that picture of Dave and Jaxon, and also the one at the airport!! So CUTE! Looks like you guys had a ton of FUN!!

Sarah said...

Oh, so sad for Jaxon. Though I have to admit that I loved his refusal at every step to going home. I could practically hear him saying each of those lines.
What a great vacation.
Tough for toddlers (and their mommies) to come back to real life. Wish every day could be vacation.
I honestly can't remember the last time we've had a vacation.
Well, maybe next year.
I love your photos. The Dave & Jaxon one is great. Almost looks like Dave is getting a Jaxon delivery from heaven. Very cute.