Great to be in love

It's great to be head over heels in love with two different men...and have them both be totally fine with it. In fact, they love each other just as much! I love how Jaxon looks to Dave for his cues on EVERYTHING! If Dave laughs, Jaxon starts chuckling and AFTER the fact says, "Why laughing Daddy?" This weekend Jax refused to have anything to do with me, and wouldn't even let me get him out of bed. He said, "GO WAY MOMMY! GO GET DADDY!" As much as I adore the kid, this is weekend music to the mother's ear! They played all weekend and this morning Jaxon was very disappointed and a little confused when the, "Get Daddy" did not produce the desired results!



Dave and I got to go to the temple this weekend ( a MUCH MUCH overdue trip) and it was wonderful. We (I) have been shamelessly spending as much time (with Jaxon) at my parents house as possible, because they are his favorite people in the world, and they will be moving to China for ONE WHOLE YEAR in August. It is a tragedy (to me) that I can't face right now, but I want Jaxon to get as much quality time in as possible.
It's less than a week until we go to the Family Vacation Center and I am VERY EXCITED!!! The weather is Santa Barbara on the beach is always cool and refreshing, sunny with a nice ocean breeze. Last time we went Jaxon was only 5 months old and I was a neurotic post-partum first time mom, and Dave could only stay for 3 days. This time I AM READY TO PARTY!!!!

3 comments:

The Ferrells said...

We can't wait to see you guys at the FVC. Hopefully Jaxon will only want Dave during the whole week so you can have a week long break!

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

CHINA!? What on earth for!? Oh, and Layne will be pretty upset when I tell him that Dave is moving on and has a crush on another guy. Who is it? If Dave is going to cheat on Layne, he should at least have the decency fess up to his new crush. We WANT to come back! Tell Dave to stay true!

Momma Malia said...

man, we miss you guys already. we hope you have a blast in california. and remind me to give you the scoop on our trip to utah. i'm still not sure if i'm going to blog about it. long story short-we came to see my dad, after at least 20 years. whoah.