Is it sad?

Is it sad that the most interesting things that happen to me on a day to day basis are the funny things that Jaxon says? I know when he's 4 or 10, or 22, these things will no longer be funny, but the fact that my 2 and a half year old, who has only within the last 6 months started speaking in complete sentences, and still likes to look at his own dirty diapers (just giving some context on the mentality level) says these things to me just cracks me up. This is what he said in the car today-

J- "Where going Mommy?"

A- "Home"

J-"take a nap Mommy?"

A- "Not yet, but in a little while."

J- "No take a nap Mommy. MY bed too Dangeous"(Dangeous-not a type-0, just how he says it)

A- "What? Your bed is NOT too dangerous!" (As I'm totally laughing)

J- "Uh-Huh Mommy! Aligator under my bed! TOO DANGEOUS!"



We have been reading that book together ever since he fell in love with it at music makers, but what a funny kid to make the connection. I was of course laughing pretty hard, so Jaxon told me, "I'm funny! I call Papa, tell him my joke!" WHAT? Now he knows he made a joke? He is sure to outsmart me in the next 6 months...then what?


A few nights ago Dave brought this Surprise home for Jaxon. For anyone who has ever wondered where Jaxon gets his hilarious expressions...now you know!





4 comments:

Nedra Tietjen said...

Sooooo funny! I love that these are the intersting parts of your day. it makes mine all the more entertaining juust reading about it.

Sarah said...

That's awesome. Where do these kiddos come up with their stuff? And I love your boys' mirrored facial expressions. Priceless. You are dang good with your camera, woman.

Emily Ferrell said...

Wow! What a great picture. It is amazing how our kids end up doing things exactly like us (it is also very scary to think about). Looks like a lot of fun.

Flaherty Fam said...

That is so cute. I think little kids are the funniest things ever. Oh, and I am so jealous you are going to Santa Barbara. I love it there. I have been twice, but both times were for work. I told Brett we will definately vacation there someday.