Looking at the moon and building a testimony



These pictures are what I found outside last night while Dave was grilling dinner. He yelled,"Ashley, come look!" And then Jaxon also yelled, "Ashley, come look!" Jaxon is a BIG FAN of the moon, and he told Dave that they were going to lay down and look at it. I didn't even have them pose for the pointing one, the moon had gone behind a cloud and just come out again.


Next, Jaxon is cracking me up daily with his interpretations of the things we say. I guess we just take for granted that he will know what we are talking about... Case in point... during Jaxon's prayers we give him a few lead words and let him finish the sentence (I know I know...vain repetitions, but we have to start some where) so one of our leads is, "help me to build a..." and he fills in "testimony" well last night it was my turn to help and I gave him that lead and he said "SHIP!" Dave hid his face to hide his laughter, and I had to give him credit because he loves watching Nephi's Journey to the Promise Land.
So I said, "AND build a ..."
"SHIP!"
me: "test...."
Jaxon: "SHIP!"
me: "testimo..."
JAXON: "SHIP SHIP SHIP!!!"
(Dave of course cannot control his laughter at this point so we end the prayer)
Well today I was cutting fruit and veggies in the kitchen and Jaxon came running in and yelled,
"MOMMY COME QUICK!!! Come helpee build a testimony!" and he had one of his blocks in his hand. I had to laugh. So we went into the other room and I asked, "What does a testimony look like" and he said, "You build it! I knockee over!"
Again, we are trying awfully hard and getting some strange results!

1 comment:

ThePalmers said...

That is just precious sis. What a cute guy you have... and a darn smart one I will add!