NKOTB, back with a vengence!!


I have never been more embarrassed for a crazed, screaming, out of control, group of 30+ women as I was this morning. The newly reunited New Kids On the Block were on the Today Show, and they have one of their biggest crowds in history. There were women who came 3 days early and camped out in the rain, to make sure they would be up front and be able to touch the group. I would say 98 out of 100 people there (in the 1000's) were 30+ women, who were waving homemade signs, crying, screaming, and frantically reaching their hands out to get mere touch from one of "the kids." They did a medley of their old stuff, and I am embarrassed to admit, that not only did I recognize it ALL ( including the ridiculous dance moves that they brought back) I ALSO ENJOYED IT!!! What does that say about me? Then they performed one of their new songs...not so crazy about it. Once you strip away the pre-teen nostalgia and day dreams, they were just a sad group of older men trying to make it as a boy band. I have added it as the first song in my playlist so you can all decide for yourselves!

3 comments:

Marie said...

Hilarious! I probably would have been one of the screaming ones, pushing my way to the front. Love the "looking at the moon" pics. And yes I will be there Tues whether you want me there or not, and I will be making the most noise and biggest spashes. Don't be surprised if I bust out with a cannon ball!

CJB said...

i watched that too. i was never a fan of new kids, and i agree, they looked waaaay to old to try to be a boy band with their corny dance moves etc. But when they said were interviewed they seem like good guys who didn't fall into the crap that fame can bring. Good on 'em. If there is a market for them (Ashley) then why not?

Brandis said...

I was DYING laughing and thought of you the whole time. I kept thinking, is this for real? Are they seriously singing this song and dancing like that or are they just doing it to be funny? And the clothes!?! It would have been better if they had showed up in their acid-washed bib overalls & tie dyed shirts. I felt a little sorry for them because it was raining and I told myself that perhaps their off-key-ness was due to the inclement weather, but probably not. :)