DONE!


I'm done! I finished teaching my first aqua class, what a relief! I think it went really well, and the people who came all had nice things to say...but of course I'm sure they felt they had too...but that's beside the point! It's probably a little vain to include a picture with lots of thumbs up, insinuating that I got a thumbs up from all involved, but I'm just THAT HAPPY that I didn't pass out, fall in the pool, or have to drown myself from embarrassment!
A HUGE HUGE THANKS TO Mom, Mom-in-law, Marie, Brandis, Nedra, Christi, Kate, Terol, and Liz for coming and supporting me! Seriously! It was sooo sooo soooo comforting to see familiar smiling faces, and you have no idea how much it meant to me!!! You are welcome back anytime!!!
Something interesting that happened---after class I was asking the regulars their names so I can start learning them, and one man told me to call him "Butthead" and refused to tell me his real name. The other teacher told me later that is real name is Robert, and that usually he will bellow and loud "OOOOOOGAAAAAA" from the pool while you are teaching! Imagine a 300+ pound man with a huge beard ( he is Santa-esque...) doing Aqua and yelling from the pool,...its a great time!!!
*********************************DISCLAIMER***********************************
I know this aqua thing has been a hot topic of mine on the blog, and many may say, what the heck for? But, some people dream big and want to feed the hungry, or climb Mount Everest as a life goal, but one of mine has always been to be in good enough shape to teach aerobics...as far as life dreams goes it may be a little lack-luster, but none-the-less, it is one of mine. So please bear with me as I talk about it, because honestly, I feel like it is one of the best accomplishments of my life. Thank you, I will now get off my soap box!
*********************************************************************************

10 comments:

Momma Malia said...

YAY FOR AQUA ASHLEY!! sorry i didn't make it. reunion meeting. but i am going to come to one of your classes. hopefully your first all by yourself class. congrats again, and you go girl!

Cicily said...

I'm so proud of you too. Way to accomplish that goal. I really want to come to one of your classes let me know when.

AnnaMarie said...

That is so awesome, Ashley. I am truly in awe. That is also one of my life goals.

Lauryn said...

Congrats Ashley! Good to hear it went so well! :)

CJB said...

Ash- I had sooo much fun last night! thanks for the invite. you did awesome and my thumbs are definitely up. I'll be back!

Brandis said...

That was so fun!!! I'm glad I got to come. You were adorable dancing around on the pool deck. Congrats on climbing your own little Everest. :)

The Ferrells said...

Congrats Ashley,

I don't think that it is a dumb goal. I think that it is a great goal and I think that it is awesome that you accomplished it. I would have been there making a fool of myself (to support you) if I had been in Arizona. Congrats again.

Ryan

Layne and Kelly Nelson said...

No need to get off the soap box yet, it sounds like your accomplishments in this field have just begun! Congratulations for stepping outside the box and doing something that is scary and that stretches you!

Nedra Tietjen said...

Ash, you were great! You should have done this a long time ago, you are a natural! I was so impressed. It was a great class and I will be there every Tuesday that I don't have to be at some wards Enrichment night. I have enrichemnets almost every tuesday in June but until then I will be there and then back in class for July! This is an amazing accomplishment and I am REALLY proud of you!!!!!

Elise said...

YAY FOR YOU! I think this is so awesome-- I wish I could come!! I think water aerobics would be really good for a preg-o person, don't you think? Anyway, awesome for you for going after what you want!!